• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lot of decent stuff coming on the Auction block
5 5

505 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

Steve has to sell his old copy of Fantastic 3 right :acclaim:

Yeah but what will it go for?  $10k, $20k, $40k, $100k ?  Will be interesting to watch. On thing I am sure of is it will be more than I am willing to spend. 

46 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
1 hour ago, woowoo said:

Steve has to sell his old copy of Fantastic 3 right :acclaim:

Yeah but what will it go for?  $10k, $20k, $40k, $100k ?  Will be interesting to watch. On thing I am sure of is it will be more than I am willing to spend. 

Which one of his multiple old copies will he be selling?  hm

Or is this where we see 10 straight CC auctions with a copy of Fantastic 3 in each one of them as Steve disposes of his long held hoard of his favorite book.  lol

On the other hand, is this another copy of FC 3 that Steve gets to add into his little hoard as he's trying to corner the market?  hm

Edited by lou_fine

32 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Which one of his multiple old copies will he be selling?  hm

Or is this where we see 10 straight CC auctions with a copy of Fantastic 3 in each one of them as Steve disposes of his long held hoard of his favorite book.  lol

On the other hand, is this another copy of FC 3 that Steve gets to add into his little hoard as he's trying to corner the market?  hm

Wish we knew so we could apply the appropriate punishment bids :devil:

22 hours ago, batman_fan said:

HA

Science 2, Church

WonderWorld 7 in 8.0 hm

ComicConnect

Several Superman 1's

Fantastic 3 hmhm

Comiclink

Adventure 40 :luhv:

Wow!! Some pretty amazing stuff coming.  I wondered where the Church Science 2 was.  hm

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:
On 6/27/2017 at 8:35 PM, batman_fan said:

HA

Science 2, Church

WonderWorld 7 in 8.0 hm

ComicConnect

Fantastic 3 hmhm

Wow!! Some pretty amazing stuff coming.  I wondered where the Church Science 2 was.  hm

Well, I would certainly expect the Science 2 to pull in some Jon Berk-like multiple since you can't beat a Church copy, especially when it's also the highest graded copy to date by far. 

Actually, I expect all 3 of these highly desirable Fox book to do real well and will most likely be picked up by some buyers with deep pockets..  Heritage is already hyping the Wonderworld 7 as a book that they expect to sell for multiples of guide.  Can't really argue with them since it's also got the bonus of old label goodness since it was graded back in 2002.  hm  :luhv:

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I would certainly expect the Science 2 to pull in some Jon Berk-like multiple since you can't beat a Church copy, especially when it's also the highest graded copy to date by far. 

Actually, I expect all 3 of these highly desirable Fox book to do real well and will most likely be picked up by some buyers with deep pockets..  Heritage is already hyping the Wonderworld 7 as a book that they expect to sell for multiples of guide.  Can't really argue with them since it's also got the bonus of old label goodness since it was graded back in 2002.  hm  :luhv:

NGIT covers always go for big bucks (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
13 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

NGIT covers always go for big bucks (thumbsu

They certainly don't seem to come around very often, especially as the years go by. 

Always love the Fox books, but my pockets are far too shallow to even be thinking about these 3 books.  :cry:

41 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I don't expect the MH copy of Seven Seas 6 to go quietly..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

In the August Heritage auction?  I don't see it. hm

16 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Upcoming CC auction........ Event that is.............. GOD BLESS...

Ah, ok.  Thanks.  

Will it be the first Baker cover to clear the $10K mark? 

Edited by Sqeggs

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:
1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

Upcoming CC auction........ Event that is.............. GOD BLESS...

Ah, ok.  Thanks.  

Will it be the first Baker cover to clear the $10K mark? 

Definitely NOT as the 5th highest graded copy of Seven Seas 4 already did that earlier this year:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/seven-seas-comics-4-universal-phoenix-feature-1947-cgc-vf-85-off-white-pages/a/7158-91100.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Looks like the Seven Seas 6 was graded back in 2012 which many considered to be a relatively soft grading time period.  Must take a closer look at the actual book itself, although it is a Church copy and you can't go wrong with that.  (thumbsu

Oh wow  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe: ................finally, a nice copy of a Fox book which all of us regular collectors can hopefully afford.

The highest graded copy of Mystery Men 11 which is tied with the Allentown copy and owned by one of our esteemed board members here who emphatically states that it is not going to be available in the marketplace anytime soon.

Will definitely beat the price of the Allentown copy which was brought over 10 years ago when the Fox books were going through a cooling period.  Will be interesting to see if it passes the sale price for the Church copy in the recent Berk auction since the MH copy is quite a few grade notches lower than this copy here.  hm

And as a added bonus, it's also old label goodness which doesn't come around that often and is generally hard to beat.  :cloud9:

22 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely NOT as the 5th highest graded copy of Seven Seas 4 already did that earlier this year:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/seven-seas-comics-4-universal-phoenix-feature-1947-cgc-vf-85-off-white-pages/a/7158-91100.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Looks like the Seven Seas 6 was graded back in 2012 which many considered to be a relatively soft grading time period.  Must take a closer look at the actual book itself, although it is a Church copy and you can't go wrong with that.  (thumbsu

...And it's not a Romance book :whatthe: :whatthe: 

but i hazzard an 8.0 Cinderella Love could match that hm

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

How quickly we forget! I remember following that auction closely. doh!

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like the Seven Seas 6 was graded back in 2012 which many considered to be a relatively soft grading time period.  

Honestly, I've never believed in the tight period/loose period stuff.  I think there are books that look overgraded and books that look undergraded for every period since CGC opened its doors.  You can probably go back through board posts over the years and find during every period people posting "We're in a tight period" while at the same time other people are posting "We're in a loose period."