• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lot of decent stuff coming on the Auction block
5 5

505 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, as the saying goes.....sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

In this case, however, since we are talking about legal mumbo jumbo, then it's probably worth a million words:  lol

Like you, I am absolutely shocked too from the picture up above.

Since CCG is associated with both CGC and Heritage, it clearly looks like the Meyers and IGB must have won big time against them.  :whatthe:

So big in fact that they no longer have to work with the second stringers anymore in terms of the other grading company and then CC to auction off their books.  CGC now not only have to grade their books, but also to encase them all in an universal unrestored slab due to the "high quality" of their work, plus it looks like they also get to use the services of Heritage to auction off their recreated books.  lol

Am I missing something here from this picture?  xD

These books have nothing to do with igb 

they will be auctioned on eBay by the same seller of the 9.0 action 1

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Yup. When one mentions an AS8 in 9.4 or a Sensation 1 in 9.6 one immediately thinks of IGB but this time it's the real deal, not fake recreated copies. Congrats to PristineComics for the find !

Edited by Gotham Kid

17 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Yup. When one mentions an AS8 in 9.4 or a Sensation 1 in 9.6 one immediately thinks of IGB but this time it's the real deal, not fake recreated copies. Congrats to PristineComics for the find !

That's what you can do when you sell a 3.2 mill book. :flipbait:

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Why........you party pooper, you.  (tsk)

Don't you know it's a weekend and you should never spoil a good and fun story with boring and unexciting facts.  :kidaround:

Edited by lou_fine

Is it just me or all of the auction houses starting to follow the CC time frame model?

It just seems that the current Heritage auction has started for the longest while and yet it doesn't end until August 10th.  :taptaptap:

Wouldn't that be over 3 entire weeks for the whole thing from start to finish?  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

I don't understand the complaints that the auction houses give us too much time.  Do you guys somehow think that if the auctions ran for a shorter time, you would get better deals?  If so, dream on.

If you think 3 weeks is too long, then don't start looking at the listings when bidding officially begins.  Just set your calendar to start looking at the auction 1 or 2 weeks before the end, or whatever shorter period you desire.  Voila, you have your desired shorter auction.  

28 minutes ago, tth2 said:

I don't understand the complaints that the auction houses give us too much time.  Do you guys somehow think that if the auctions ran for a shorter time, you would get better deals?  If so, dream on.

If you think 3 weeks is too long, then don't start looking at the listings when bidding officially begins.  Just set your calendar to start looking at the auction 1 or 2 weeks before the end, or whatever shorter period you desire.  Voila, you have your desired shorter auction.  

Some of the pain for me is the waiting and anticipation.  I never did well with Christmas as a kid and it continues to this day  

8 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

I had wondered what had become of my Wonder Woman #1 9.0 - guess I will find out how it's doing soon.

So, from this post I take it that the Solicitation copy was your copy that you had auctioned off on CC earlier this year? 

Or was it a copy that you had owned years earlier, but had also already sold it off years ago?  hm

Either way, congrats on having such a fantastic copy and taking such good care of it.  (thumbsu

2 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

I had wondered what had become of my Wonder Woman #1 9.0 - guess I will find out how it's doing soon.

Is the 9.0 an accurate grade?

Edited by tth2

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

So, from this post I take it that the Solicitation copy was your copy that you had auctioned off on CC earlier this year? 

Or was it a copy that you had owned years earlier, but had also already sold it off years ago?  hm

Either way, congrats on having such a fantastic copy and taking such good care of it.  (thumbsu

No, not the solicitation copy. I purchased it from the 2nd owner who had bought it in the 70s from the original owner. It was an old label (original old label) 9.0 with White pages.

last sold through Heritage in 2004, so you can see it in their archives.  For a long time I thought Halperin had bought it, but he said no.

Would assume this is the one coming to auction, unless the guy bought the CC one a few months ago and it trying to flip it already.

1 hour ago, Crowzilla said:
12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

No, not the solicitation copy. I purchased it from the 2nd owner who had bought it in the 70s from the original owner. It was an old label (original old label) 9.0 with White pages.

last sold through Heritage in 2004, so you can see it in their archives.  For a long time I thought Halperin had bought it, but he said no.

Would assume this is the one coming to auction, unless the guy bought the CC one a few months ago and it trying to flip it already.

No, this copy is most definitely the Solicitation copy which was auctioned off on CC earlier this year, as the attached video link confirms (about 1:25 minutes into the video):

http://adpages.ebay.com/wonderwoman/?rmvSB=true#

The CGC label on the this Wonder Woman 1 also confirms it as the Solicitation copy with the serial number confirming it being graded in August of 2016.

Maybe Halperin did buy your copy way back in 2004 after all?  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

No, this copy is most definitely the Solicitation copy which was auctioned off on CC earlier this year, as the attached video link confirms (about 1:25 minutes into the video):

wow, is the market really moving this quickly that he could pay a world record price for this just a couple of months ago and already flip it for a profit?

will be interesting to watch the auction.

36 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

wow, is the market really moving this quickly that he could pay a world record price for this just a couple of months ago and already flip it for a profit?

A gamble sure but when you're offering the WW trifecta in highest graded condition one that will likely pay off.

Hariri (or some other super rich collector) will want the complete trifecta and not just 1 book. Darren Adams' game plan all along.

Edited by Gotham Kid

48 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
1 hour ago, Crowzilla said:

A gamble sure but when you're offering the WW trifecta in highest graded condition one that will likely pay off.

Hariri (or some other super rich collector) will want the complete trifecta and not just 1 book. Darren Adams' game plan all along.

+1

Exactly my thinking as well.  (thumbsu

I believe he is thinking that at the most, it might only be a marginal loss which will be more than made up by the fact that having all 3 WW keys as a set in highest graded condition will serve only to increase the value of the other 2 books.  Heck, it might even give more value to the WW 1 itself.  (shrug)

As Peter is saying, with the complete trifecta available at the same time, it's probably a case of the whole being greater than just the sum of the individual parts.  hm

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Hariri has an Sensation 1 9.4.  Here's why:

Hariri himself cameos in Batman vs Superman and shared many of his comics with its cast, to give them added insights into the characters they play. His experience on set is what led him to start collecting Wonder Woman.

“I remember I went to set and I had my books with me to show people. Zack was kind enough to introduce me to Gal Gadot, [who plays Wonder Woman in Batman vs Superman]  when she walked in,” he said.

“She looked at them and then at me and went ‘oh, no Wonder Woman’? I had to make the balance right in the universe, so I called up Steven and asked him to get some Wonder Woman books. We were lucky enough to get Sensation Comics issue one, the first cover with her on it.”

He could have had the WW 1 solicitation copy sold by Lasry, but apparently didn't want it at all or at the price.  Why would he pay more now?

The AC1 wasn't bid up to 3.2 Mil all by its lonesome. There are certainly other deep pocket collectors out there. If Hariri won't be playing I'm sure others will. Adams is counting on it.

On 7/30/2017 at 5:58 PM, tth2 said:

I think we would get better deals over on cc if they didn't have that blasted "extended bidding" or as wikipedia notes under Final Extension bidding or anti-snipe:  "It can also lead to last-minute automated out-of-control bidding wars between bidders, which can extend the bidding time long beyond what the seller desired, greatly raising the final selling price."

8 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Since the CC auction, WW has turned into the biggest DC movie franchise, the only one that can hold its own against Marvel.  And it's being offered as part of the ultimate WW comic set.  So it seems like it might be a worthwhile gamble.

1 hour ago, atomised said:

I think we would get better deals over on cc if they didn't have that blasted "extended bidding" or as wikipedia notes under Final Extension bidding or anti-snipe:  "It can also lead to last-minute automated out-of-control bidding wars between bidders, which can extend the bidding time long beyond what the seller desired, greatly raising the final selling price."

If I was the consignor of the books and I was given a choice between shorter bidding times with lower final selling price or longer extended bidding time with higher final selling price, guess which one I would choose.  To me, it's a no-brainer here.   :gossip: