• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lot of decent stuff coming on the Auction block
5 5

505 posts in this topic

The As #3 was not good at all!

a 7.0 went for $69,000 recently

6.5 for $32,000

a 4.0 for $19,000 (ebay)

Unrestored 3.0 for $11,000 (at NYCC I believe)

The 5.5 went for $20,000 (without premium), the 3.0 for $8250 (WO/P) - the 3.0 was mine, and both Heritage and I were quite shocked at how low they both went.

Still them's the breaks, win some, lose some.

A lot of books got a whack today,  and some did well.

But you wouldn't have wanted to be the seller of the HG ASM run....... some huge losses.  Too much sabre-rattling atm for people to spend $$$ on funny books!

1 minute ago, Johnny545 said:

Big congrats, good price too.

actually won with my tracking bid that I placed before I bought a copy at sdcc...... go figure...now I'm "saddled" with 3 copies lol

Ducks are back!  Best selection in ages, and prices definitely well above levels of the last few years, although still not back at their high water mark yet.  Most surprising was the CGC 9.2 Four Color 386 at $13,000.  A few years ago, you could pick up a 9.4 copy for less.  $13,000 for a 9.2 puts the book back to the days when 9.4 copies were going for $25k.   

17 minutes ago, tth2 said:

I don't follow Startling at all, but isn't $16,730 for a #8 a lot, even for a MH 9.8 copy?

The other result that really caught my eye was $31k for a 9.4 JIM 85.  

I was hoping to snag the Startling for 10K.  Great Schomburg cover.

3 hours ago, Beige said:

The As #3 was not good at all!

a 7.0 went for $69,000 recently

6.5 for $32,000

a 4.0 for $19,000 (ebay)

Unrestored 3.0 for $11,000 (at NYCC I believe)

The 5.5 went for $20,000 (without premium), the 3.0 for $8250 (WO/P) - the 3.0 was mine, and both Heritage and I were quite shocked at how low they both went.

Still them's the breaks, win some, lose some.

A lot of books got a whack today,  and some did well.

But you wouldn't have wanted to be the seller of the HG ASM run....... some huge losses.  Too much sabre-rattling atm for people to spend $$$ on funny books!

Well that would put the price in tier with the auctions you mentioned, but I don't know what you had into it, so... .

i did expect the 3.0 to do a 'little' better . 

If it's any consolation we are still in the wake of the Berk juggernaut. Could just be a case of some buyers war chests not restocked to full buying potential yet. 

17 minutes ago, SC22 said:

The Superman #1 coverless seemed like it went cheap (I could be wrong but seems cheap compared to a coverless AC1 or TEC27).

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superman-1-coverless-incomplete-dc-1939-cgc-no-grade/a/7166-91130.s?ic4=OtherResults-SampleItem-Thumbnail-022817

A lot of things seemed to have sold cheap, the prices the asm run sold for are extremely low, I purposely didn't watch the auction live so I wouldn't be tempted to bid, and now I'm regretting it big time!

3 minutes ago, sagii said:

Well that would put the price in tier with the auctions you mentioned, but I don't know what you had into it, so... .

i did expect the 3.0 to do a 'little' better . 

If it's any consolation we are still in the wake of the Berk juggernaut. Could just be a case of some buyers war chests not restocked to full buying potential yet. 

I for one am still feeling the effects of my spending on items over the sdcc 

5 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Thought seriously about the Batman 15 but just couldn't throw in a bid at the end. Ended at $4.3k

Adventure 73 went cheap but not a super hot book. Sold just over $20k versus guide of $26k. 

Wonderworld 7 was of high interest but I was stuck in a meeting discussing sheet resistance variation at the wafer edge and missed it closing although the final hammer was likely greater than my comfort zone. 

The HA 8.0 (crm/ow) copy of Wonderworld 7 hammered at $16.7k. Now at about $2k per point, seems to be outpacing even recent (non-ped) sales.

As for sheet resistance variation at the wafer edge, well, that's priceless!!

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

The HA 8.0 (crm/ow) copy of Wonderworld 7 hammered at $16.7k. Now at about $2k per point, seems to be outpacing even recent (non-ped) sales.

As for sheet resistance variation at the wafer edge, well, that's priceless!!

You got that right (thumbsu

8 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Adventure 73 went cheap but not a super hot book. Sold just over $20k versus guide of $26k. 

No, I actually think this is a strong uptick for the book as I believe a similarly graded copy sold for something like only $10K to $12K several years ago when this same book was guiding in the $25K range or thereabouts.  :gossip:

Now, that was rock bottom for the book as it was selling for less than half of guide for a top of guide copy.  So, I actually see this a a big positive step in the right direction as it is slowly creeping back towards guide price.  (thumbsu

You have to remember that Adventure 73 was once firmly ensconced in the Overstreet Top 100 and this is definitely not the case anymore as it has fallen right off the charts.  Especially sad considering that this book features a classic and beautiful Manhunter cover.  :frown: