• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lot of decent stuff coming on the Auction block
5 5

505 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I see, you discovered my secret........I love to daydream.  :cloud9:

I do honestly believe that if you find a book with an old label that's been graded prior to 2003, the chances of it having been artificially juiced up or pressed is most likely slim to none.  (thumbsu

Unfortunately, I would definitely not say the odds are anywhere remotely close to that for the post-2005 graded books.  :frown:

I would probably pay a premium for an old label book depending upon the condition of the book itself, but unfortunately so would many of the flippers who would probably see this as nothing more than an opportunity to squeeze a few more dollars out of the book.  hm

I have a lot of old label books. They are still old label because why pay to get s new label. 

Anybody have some free time this long weekend so that they can scroll trough all 77 pages and see if there are any of the early Centaur books which were so prevalent in the Jon Berk auction the other week.

I guess we must have been spoiled or probably should have bid higher last time since I can't seem to find any with doing just a quick check. 

28 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Anybody have some free time this long weekend so that they can scroll trough all 77 pages and see if there are any of the early Centaur books which were so prevalent in the Jon Berk auction the other week.

I guess we must have been spoiled or probably should have bid higher last time since I can't seem to find any with doing just a quick check. 

Heritage has a ton of Centaurs coming up in their next auction

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

All the centaurs were in the first auction, except a handful Jon kept

Edited by G.A.tor

On 7/1/2017 at 3:10 PM, circumstances said:
On 6/30/2017 at 11:50 PM, batman_fan said:

Heritage has a ton of Centaurs coming up in their next auction

I just looked at their selection. I'll be watching with interest.

On 7/1/2017 at 4:27 PM, G.A.tor said:

Me too

I just took a closer look at these Centaurs in the upcoming Heritage auction and a couple point came to my mind:

Does it appear to you guys here that CGC may have been just a bit more generous in terms of passing out their grades for these Centaurs when compared to what may have been slightly tighter grades on the Berk AMF's?  (shrug)

Even though these Centaurs (especially the AMF's) are generally graded higher than the Berk copies, will the prices not be that much higher since the winner of the Berk copies may no longer be chasing after the ones which they won.  Hence, the bidding will be down to the second and third place bidders and in a lot of the cases for the Berk AMF's, I just felt that the final 35% of the price or whatever was just between the final 2 bidders.  With one of these guys out of the way, will it drop back down to a duel at the lower price points?  hm

19 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I just took a closer look at these Centaurs in the upcoming Heritage auction and a couple point came to my mind:

Does it appear to you guys here that CGC may have been just a bit more generous in terms of passing out their grades for these Centaurs when compared to what may have been slightly tighter grades on the Berk AMF's?  (shrug)

Even though these Centaurs (especially the AMF's) are generally graded higher than the Berk copies, will the prices not be that much higher since the winner of the Berk copies may no longer be chasing after the ones which they won.  Hence, the bidding will be down to the second and third place bidders and in a lot of the cases for the Berk AMF's, I just felt that the final 35% of the price or whatever was just between the final 2 bidders.  With one of these guys out of the way, will it drop back down to a duel at the lower price pointshm

maybe.

According to our resident Troll, Supes #1 is just a reprint book anyway so what's the big deal of three copies coming to auction?

Now if it was a brittle, taped, 1.0 Captain America #1 then THAT would really be something to get excited about! :whee: