• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A lot of decent stuff coming on the Auction block
5 5

505 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well since you guys are most probably talking about the AMF Centaurs, I would have to say that quite a few of them look more like "win at all costs" bids, as opposed to just tracking bids.  (shrug)

Especially since the auction just started and there is still more than another 3 weeks to go.  hm

Not mine. Just little opening bid so when live bidding comes up I'm ready

With some of the bids where they already are, there's a high probability that they will be well past most collector's price range by the time the live bidding starts.  :frown:

Unlike the Jon Berk books, whereby the overwhelming majority of them appear to be nicer than their assigned grades, the opposite appears to be the case with these AMF Centaurs here.  For example:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/amazing-mystery-funnies-v2-3-centaur-1939-cgc-vf-80-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7166-91007.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Does this really appear to be an accurately graded 8.0 copy with not only that spine wear, but the colors just don't appear to be that fresh and sharp with what we saw in terms of the Berk AMF books which appears to have been generally graded more tightly?  hm

Or is it just me and my failing eyesight once again?   (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Or is it just me and my failing eyesight once again?

Most likely this with respect to the v2#3.

The early AMFs are not glossy and were designed with a muted color palette.

Edited by adamstrange

21 more days left in this HA auction before the live floor auction, man it's a grind waiting this out.  I just track early and show up the last few days.  I guess they are marketing or something, it feels like such a long haul.

Just received my Heritage Auction Catalogue in the mail earlier this morning.

Found it rather strange that they would have the cover of the 9.6 graded ASM 5 on the cover of the catalogue as opposed to the highest graded 9.8 copy of ASM 14.  I guess the cover image for ASM 5 with the white background probably works better?  ???

Good to see a separate section set aside for just the Centaur books right at the front of the auction catalogue.  I assume they must be expecting good results from these HTF and relatively HG Centaur books as the majority of them are the much in demand early Amazing Mystery Funnies.  :cloud9:  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

34 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

okay, which one of you yardbirds out bid me on the WonderWorld 7 :pullhair:

Thanks for the reminder as I just took care of him for you.............whoever he was, is no longer.  :devil:

Love these old label books and it looks like there are another couple of old label early Fox books in the CC Auction also.  hm

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Thanks for the reminder as I just took care of him for you.............whoever he was, is no longer.  :devil:

Love these old label books and it looks like there are another couple of old label early Fox books in the CC Auction also.  hm

Looking at it carefully, looks way over graded and not worth any consideration :shy:

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Looking at it carefully, looks way over graded and not worth any consideration :shy:

Oh, my God, you are right..........there's all that horrible writing all over the front cover.  doh!

How do you go about retracting a foolish bid which you just made?  :facepalm:

Now I won't be able to sleep tonight waiting to contact Heritage right when they open for business tomorrow morning.  :censored:

Edited by lou_fine

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:
3 hours ago, batman_fan said:
3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Oh, my God, you are right..........there's all that horrible writing all over the front cover.  doh!

How do you go about retracting a foolish bid which you just made?  :facepalm:

Now I won't be able to sleep tonight waiting to contact Heritage right when they open for business tomorrow morning.  :censored:

Oh, thank my lucky star!  (worship)

I can go to sleep now.........some poor blind fool just placed a larger bid on the book than me.  :screwy::whee:

Edited by lou_fine

On 7/25/2017 at 6:17 AM, The-Collector said:

Whats the deal with the All Star Comics 8 cgc 9.4, Sensation Comics 1 cgc 9.6 and Wonder Woman 1 cgc 9.0 being advertised on eBay in an upcoming auction?

Link?

54 minutes ago, dem1138 said:
On 7/25/2017 at 0:17 PM, The-Collector said:

Whats the deal with the All Star Comics 8 cgc 9.4, Sensation Comics 1 cgc 9.6 and Wonder Woman 1 cgc 9.0 being advertised on eBay in an upcoming auction?

Link?

More IGB garbage certainly.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, woowoo said:

all CGC blue.

cgc.jpg

If you check CGC Data's site, you can see a fresh All Star 8 9.4 graded a week or two ago (didn't check on the other two), so it's the real deal.  I'd love to see a link though, I haven't seen the ad on eBay yet.  

5 hours ago, Action252Kid said:

If you check CGC Data's site, you can see a fresh All Star 8 9.4 graded a week or two ago (didn't check on the other two), so it's the real deal.  I'd love to see a link though, I haven't seen the ad on eBay yet.  

above is the add

Edited by woowoo

On 7/25/2017 at 3:17 AM, The-Collector said:

8 hours ago, batman_fan said:
8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

More IGB garbage certainly.

Anyone hear an update on their lawsuit against CGC?

Well, as the saying goes.....sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

In this case, however, since we are talking about legal mumbo jumbo, then it's probably worth a million words:  lol

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:
6 hours ago, woowoo said:

all CGC blue.

cgc.jpg

:whatthe:

Like you, I am absolutely shocked too from the picture up above.

Since CCG is associated with both CGC and Heritage, it clearly looks like the Meyers and IGB must have won big time against them.  :whatthe:

So big in fact that they no longer have to work with the second stringers anymore in terms of the other grading company and then CC to auction off their books.  CGC now not only have to grade their books, but also to encase them all in an universal unrestored slab due to the "high quality" of their work, plus it looks like they also get to use the services of Heritage to auction off their recreated books.  lol

Am I missing something here from this picture?  xD

Edited by lou_fine