• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image Comics Blind Box
1 1

186 posts in this topic

The bindery tears at the very top and bottom of the spine are almost common on Image books nowadays...but those tears on some of the books between the bottom staple and the very bottom of the book are bad...that's worth saying something about IMO.

What issues came in the Blind Box?  Are they different per Blind Box?

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Honestly I would send them back for that type of damage.

Looks like a rat chewed on a couple.

Dang, didn't even see that rat chew. I mean, not like you are going to get replacements for them.

5 hours ago, Lockford88 said:

IMG_4792.thumb.JPG.79080ac399d91d2ab18d92a93fcc327f.JPGUnfortunately I was not impressed with mine...hope you all do better. 

IMG_4791.JPG

The polybags are exactly why I did not even try to preorder. I ordered a store variant set that unfortunately came polybagged and the condition left a lot to be desired. It's the same reason why I am passing on getting any of the SDCC variants from DC because they are all going to be polybagged. I wonder how many times this has to happen before companies realize condition matters when it comes to collectibles? 

Got this wonderful email just now:

We were able to obtain a small quantity of this item and your order was next in line for the original fulfillment. Credit has already been issued for this item, but if you would like to reinstate your order for 1 of this item, please reply to this email, and we will add it back to your account. If the credit has already been applied to your card or another order balance, the amount of the item will be charged to the card on file. If you do not wish to have your order reinstated, there is no reply necessary. All responses must be received by Tuesday July 25. At that time, all unclaimed items will be offered to those who are next in line.

:banana:

I wasn't impressed with mine either. Really Plastic 1, Sun Bakery 1, royal city 1, eternal empire 1, divided states of hysteria 1......

I'll be lucky to recoup expenses from this

Also many of the blank books have a harsh horizontal printer line across the book that will affect any artwork you would have done.  Also had a few that had bad spine stress.

IMG_4452.JPG

Edited by Monster's Lair Comics

I think it was 25 total books, and they were supposed to retail at 9.99 per blind book. I ordered two boxes and got 1. I wish they would have focused more on the popular titles, and short packed the less popular titles. The comics I received were:

Sun Bakery (titled cover and blank)

regression (titled cover and blank)

curse words (titled cover and blank)

eternal empire (titled cover)

god country (titled cover and blank)

royal city (two copies titled cover)

extremity (titled cover)

grrrrl scouts (titled cover)

rock candy mountain (titled cover and blank)

redneck (titled cover)

old guard (titled cover)

rose (titled cover and blank)

divided states of hysteria (titled cover)

paklis (Titled cover)

plastic (titled cover)

the few (titles cover and blank)

youngblood (titled cover)

no spawn, no dragon, no walking dead, no saga, no outcast......  

Can't say I'm impressed with the selection...

Edited by Monster's Lair Comics