• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image Comics Blind Box
1 1

186 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, I like pie said:

Well ya. Each cover for every #1 in the blind box is a variant. Each has a different print run and needs separate spots on the census. 

Agreed - seems lazy on CGC's part, and will definitely make the census tougher to track. Especially since the color virgin and B&W virgins have decreasingly less print runs. I wonder if they even go as far to do the same with the blank sketch covers?

On 7/31/2017 at 6:23 PM, IndyKMB said:

Got a nice surprise via e-mail.

Pre-ordered this on 2/23 through Unknown Comics @ $125, and in the ensuing weeks as the price adjustments were announced I fully expected to get an e-mail from them either stating I owed another $125 or that they were not going to be allocated what they had sold and that my order was being canceled.  I fully expected, one way or another, that I was NOT getting that box at the pre-order price.  A feeling that was only reinforced as my order status has sat in the "unfilled" stage ever since.

Until today....Got an e-mail stating the box has shipped!

If this indeed does come through, I have nothing but kudos for Unknown Comic Books.  They, like a lot of online retailers, posted these for pre-sale immediately.  And they were fully within their rights to come back to me and ask for the difference once the $250 price correction was announced.  But they never did and instead honored the original purchase price.

Now the big question for me...do I break it open hoping for a Grail or do I sell.  Hard to beat a flip at nearly $400, unless, of course, a Negan is in there.

Did your order actually show up? I ordered one from them as well and have been getting the run around for several weeks. At first they claimed to have it but wouldn't ship it because the owner was out of town. Then they said they hadn't shipped any of the orders because they were missing one of the boxes.

On 9/13/2017 at 3:43 PM, CKinTO said:

Agreed - seems lazy on CGC's part, and will definitely make the census tougher to track. Especially since the color virgin and B&W virgins have decreasingly less print runs. I wonder if they even go as far to do the same with the blank sketch covers?

Spoke to cgc today and there were a few mislabeled but going forward, each book will be labeled correctly.

On 9/15/2017 at 1:06 PM, luckroy said:

Did your order actually show up? I ordered one from them as well and have been getting the run around for several weeks. At first they claimed to have it but wouldn't ship it because the owner was out of town. Then they said they hadn't shipped any of the orders because they were missing one of the boxes.

Yes, I did receive it.