• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image Comics Blind Box
1 1

186 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

What are you saying. The ones in the photos posted? Looks like 24 books total to me and a box is supposed to have 25 comics.

Mine only had 24 books too, 9 of which were the blank variants that are thicker. I think they did it by weight or something.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

What are you saying. The ones in the photos posted? Looks like 24 books total to me and a box is supposed to have 25 comics.

I think what he is saying is the distribution of "rare chase" book was terrible.  Looking at the odds listed earlier it seems strange there would be more then one hard to find book in a box.

Yea I got a poop box, not one blank, OA or negan. I got 4/25 books that I even care anything about. Then dudes are pulling out 3 OA and a negan lol.

Why on earth would they stick with 2017 titles for a 25th anniversary? Why not include the mega titles that got you this far??? I feel a little cheated TBH, and yes I am salty.

Edited by Hickok8AA8

1 hour ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

Yea I got a poop box, not one blank, OA or negan. I got 4/25 books that I even care anything about. Then dudes are pulling out 3 OA and a negan lol.

Why on earth would they stick with 2017 titles for a 25th anniversary? Why not include the mega titles that got you this far??? I feel a little cheated TBH, and yes I am salty.

Wow - you did get hosed.  I watched a couple box opening videos on utube and people seemed to at least get a few of the rare books in a box.  But it does look like most of the common books are starting to get sold for $10 each on E-Bay so hopefully you can recoop some $$

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I think what he is saying is the distribution of "rare chase" book was terrible.  Looking at the odds listed earlier it seems strange there would be more then one hard to find book in a box.

Yes, agree 100%.

I've got to give Image credit they seem to have cornered the market on these grab bag/mystery box sales.  We outlawed them on the boards but Image seems to bring in the buyers.

What I have not seen (which is surprising) is people selling individual black bags unopened.  I'd think people would pay $20 each and since there is 24/25 in a box you would make out well even if you paid $325 a box.  Of course it may not work since the books weigh differently so it would be easy to fix the gam and only sell off the bags which are not too light (Negan) and not too heavy (blanks).

16 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I've got to give Image credit they seem to have cornered the market on these grab bag/mystery box sales.  We outlawed them on the boards but Image seems to bring in the buyers.

speaking of that would we be allowed to sell these boxes on the boards?

8 minutes ago, 1p36DSA said:

speaking of that would we be allowed to sell these boxes on the boards?

I'd say yes if unopened. The box may be blind but you know exactly what you are buying when you hit the BIN.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Yeah,  I was being sarcastic... Just watching videos and pics of people's pulls... Getting multiple sketches in one box and such... That's just stupid... 

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

That's not a good comparison. There were outlawed on this board for very good reasons.

I agree - it's not exactly apples to apples comparison.  On the boards you had people receiving less then they hoped for or were promised (see damaged books picture and people who say they will probably lose money) and it was a form of gambling where a few people won and the majority got less (nothing like the blind box at all).:idea:

I am going to prepare a Blind Box that includes many of the Image comic books that I purchased during the 1990s and send it to Image Comics. I hope that they enjoy it.

I wish I didn't fall for Image's gimmicks, but I admit I really wanted this box. Unfortunately, I didn't order ahead of time and thus missed out. I've looked at ebay and been really disappointed in the scalping going on there. I love this hobby though so, I'll hopefully be able to buy some individual books that interest me.

Edited by Comic_Diva
Removed request

On 7/17/2017 at 5:40 PM, rogue14 said:

Looks like mine was cut too from my LCS.. 

Well, since my box order was cancelled and prices are skyrocketing, any one have any of the redneck variants? I'd be interested if for sale. Send me a PM. Thanks!

So here's a question for people like me with collecting ocd:

If the blank cover variant is identical to the original art sketch variants, and the original art isn't numbered in any way, then is it really a unique variant? Once the artist starts doing sketches on the blank covers at conventions, won't it be impossible to know which original art ones were part of the blind boxes in the first place?