• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image Comics Blind Box
1 1

186 posts in this topic

these box sets with special books that turn up graded before the release date is really lame-  Image did the same thing at Walking Dead Day event in Kentucky-  there were supposedly only 1000 exclusive books just for the event-  people stood in line for hours at the event and were eventually turned away because there were no copies left at the event-  meanwhile there are already multiple 9.9s signed and graded -  and then a stack of the variants were seen being given out a comic show-  so screw all the people that actually went to the event to get the exclusive event book- they stood in line for nothing (in extreme heat)  so that people in san diego could get copies a week later-  almost borders on false advertising-  limited edition my ....

Edited by MrWalkingDead

1 hour ago, MrWalkingDead said:

these box sets with special books that turn up graded before the release date is really lame-  Image did the same thing at Walking Dead Day event in Kentucky-  there were supposedly only 1000 exclusive books just for the event-  people stood in line for hours at the event and were eventually turned away because there were no copies left at the event-  meanwhile there are already multiple 9.9s signed and graded -  and then a stack of the variants were seen being given out a comic show-  so screw all the people that actually went to the event to get the exclusive event book- they stood in line for nothing (in extreme heat)  so that people in san diego could get copies a week later-  almost borders on false advertising-  limited edition my ....

Are you talking about this: http://www.thewalkingdead.com/announcing-walking-dead-day/? Why would fan #10,001 expect a copy, even if they knew more than 10,000 were printed?

1 hour ago, MrWalkingDead said:

Agreed.  That's why I don't buy this .  Put my money where my mouth is

I goy caught up in the hype and bought a box off ebay for 299 shipped. I pulled 3 black/white, 5 blanks(all 5 had the color copy as well) and the rest regular color editions. No art and no Negan. PM me if interested.

25th image box.JPG

25th image.JPG

On 7/25/2017 at 0:32 PM, MrWalkingDead said:

Image did the same thing at Walking Dead Day event in Kentucky-  there were supposedly only 1000 exclusive books just for the event-  people stood in line for hours at the event and were eventually turned away because there were no copies left at the event-  

Hey MrWalkingDead. Your numbers are off regarding the TWD Day event. There were 10,000 copies at the event (I know because my team and I unloaded them from the truck in the brutal Kentucky heat). Fans started lining up for the book at 3pm the day before. So there was definitely a demand for the book.

-shawn

22 hours ago, bigclutch said:

Hey MrWalkingDead. Your numbers are off regarding the TWD Day event. There were 10,000 copies at the event (I know because my team and I unloaded them from the truck in the brutal Kentucky heat). Fans started lining up for the book at 3pm the day before. So there was definitely a demand for the book.

-shawn

I  forgot the extra "0"-  10000 --- BIGCLUTCH- whoever you are--(OFF TOPIC- But you brought it up)  --as far as the Kentucky show goes You guys ROCKED that place- I'm sure you heard nice things all day that day- but that was no small affair- you guys pulled it off like absolute pros-  and it was hot as balls-  BUT-- there were still many tears mixed with the sweat--  (people really did start the comic line at 3 freaking am-)  Tell whoever else that was there working with you during that madness that you guys were running SWAT Team style-  amazing job--thanks for that awesome day!

8 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

The Liefeld OA Youngblood sketch covers are starting to show up on eBay.  Yesterday, one auction ended at $270.00 and the one scheduled to end in a day or two currently has a bid around $200.00.  Please note, that neither are my listings.  Just sharing the information.

I think people WAY overestimated the value of these original art pieces. The prices are still way too high on most of them as many are simply not selling. 

12 hours ago, sirwesker said:

I think people WAY overestimated the value of these original art pieces. The prices are still way too high on most of them as many are simply not selling. 

I think that the buy it now prices are way out of line on the ones I have seen up.  The Liefeld ones are at over 2K.   The auctions ending in the 2 bill to 3 bill range seem appropriate to me.  The Adlard sketch cover has an auction listing that's bid is at $1300.00+.  :whatthe:  It ends in 9 hours.  I wonder what the hammer price will be.  The Adlard sketch cover makes the Liefeld auction listings seem like bargains...LOL.

Edited by Lucky Baru

6 minutes ago, artistlost said:

Sold for $175. That's about right.

12 hours ago, sirwesker said:

$250 for a liefeld original sounds right. Especially when considering it's more than a convention sketch. The ones I've seen are Badrock though and they aren't that good. If it were Deadpool might be a different story.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

$250 for a liefeld original sounds right. Especially when considering it's more than a convention sketch. The ones I've seen are Badrock though and they aren't that good. If it were Deadpool might be a different story.

The one that ends today is better than the one that ended the other day.  It is more detailed.  I think the '90's effect might be a part of the price too.

On 7/24/2017 at 1:03 PM, Sandflea said:

*UPDATE*

I did travel to my LCS on Friday & the blind box was there in my pulls, at a $250 price point.  Chatting with one of the owners, he stated that at the time of placing the orders, he ordered 10, but was allocated to just 1...:frown:

20170724_123026.thumb.jpg.99e6c916f842f5c730e02281a6c2e31a.jpg

The owner also stated that he really didn't know about what books were inside, so I gave an explanation.

Since I posted on this thread that I would share pics of the contents inside once I received the box, & also wanted to show my LCS owner the items inside as well, i'm going to open the box at the LCS this Friday evening, and post pics of the results here in this thread.  Will I be sad or glad, we'll see (hopefully it's the latter)... :wishluck:

*UPDATE*

All apologies for being "a day late & dollar short" on this post, folks... 

Went to my LCS after work yesterday evening to open the box, with assistance from the fine employees there (to which I give special thanks (thumbsu):

597cb6009a848_20170728_1845521.thumb.jpg.c619b8efef4a483776dec7d5992a31b4.jpg

The unveiling of the box was filmed via FaceBook; to view it, click on the linky... the small critter in black pulling the books out of the bags & presenting them is me (my 1st visual appearance on these here boards lol)

Here are the results of the box pic wise (please excuse the blurry pics):

20170729_111007.thumb.jpg.852dec20aa440fce74cdc4798e1a070e.jpg

20170729_111139.thumb.jpg.b4c3a7226ce695c54fc7664ac0b0f9de.jpg

20170729_111335.thumb.jpg.ad0a9a37450097182d77c56f7336f8f4.jpg

While there were no sketch covers, sketched-on blanks, virgin covers, Negan, and no Curse Words in the box, I felt OK with the result...(thumbsu

Here's hoping the 30th Anniversary box will have even better swag :wishluck:

Edited by Sandflea
inserting video

36 minutes ago, Sandflea said:

*UPDATE*

All apologies for being "a day late & dollar short" on this post, folks... 

Went to my LCS after work yesterday evening to open the box, with assistance from the fine employees there (to which I give special thanks (thumbsu):

The unveiling of the box was filmed via FaceBook; to view it, click on the linky... the small critter in black pulling the books out of the bags & presenting them is me (my 1st visual appearance on these here boards lol)

Here are the results of the box pic wise 

While there were no sketch covers, sketched-on blanks, virgin covers, Negan, and no Curse Words in the box, I felt OK with the result...(thumbsu

Here's hoping the 30th Anniversary box will have even better swag :wishluck:

Glad your satisfied :) is the overall condition to your liking? also looks as though you got 4 issues of the smae thing with no varience

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Glad your satisfied :) is the overall condition to your liking? also looks as though you got 4 issues of the smae thing with no varience

The books are in terrific condition... no spine flaws, indents, or stray inking of any kind :applause:

I did have a strange intuition prior to opening the box that there would be a multiple of one of the books... I believe id've fainted if those 4 happened to be Negan books :whatthe:

Then I would've :tink:right after! lol