• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image Comics Blind Box
1 1

186 posts in this topic

Image issued a press release today with the odds of different books.  See below:

Each IMAGE COMICS 25TH ANNIVERSARY BLIND BOX will contain an assortment of 25 polybagged comics drawing from a selection of six different limited edition variants of the 17 all-new 2017 series that are only available within this box. Each comic will be bagged in opaque black poly to keep every comic a surprise.

Each box could include randomized variants of the following series’ debut issues: 
  • CURSE WORDS #1 by Charles Soule & Ryan Browne
  • DIVIDED STATES OF HYSTERIA #1 by Howard Chaykin
  • ETERNAL EMPIRE #1 by Jonathan Luna & Sarah Vaughn
  • EXTREMITY #1 by Daniel Warren Johnson
  • GOD COUNTRY #1 by Donny Cates & Geoff Shaw
  • GRRL SCOUTS: MAGIC SOCKS #1 by Jim Mahfood
  • PAKLIS #1 by Dustin Weaver
  • PLASTIC #1 by Doug Wagner & Daniel Hillyard
  • REDNECK #1 by Donny Cates & Lisandro Estherren
  • REGRESSION #1 by Cullen Bunn & Danny Luckert
  • ROCK CANDY MOUNTAIN #1 by Kyle Starks
  • ROSE #1 by Meredith Finch  & Ig Guara
  • ROYAL CITY #1 by Jeff Lemire
  • SUN BAKERY #1 by Corey Lewis
  • THE FEW #1 by Sean Lewis & Hayden Sherman
  • THE OLD GUARD #1 by Greg Rucka & Leandro Fernandez
  • Rob Liefeld’s YOUNGBLOOD #1 by Chad Bowers & Jim Towe
  • As well as the exclusive HERE'S NEGAN #1 by Robert Kirkman & Charlie Adlard
Each of the 17 series has six variants. With the inclusions of THE WALKING DEAD: HERE’S NEGAN limited edition variant, there are 103 total possible variants included across all 1,992 boxes. Those wanting to complete the full set have quite the challenge facing them. Given that there are only 25 comics per box, fans will need more than one box to collect them all, and some could have pretty rare odds. Below are the known individual odds for each of the 17 titles six variants.

And the following is a list of the randomized variants of the series with the likelihood of getting them in your box’s mix:
  • 25th anniversary-branded variant cover — 1/26
  • B&W 25th anniversary-branded cover — 1/102
  • Virgin (art-only covers without trade dress) 25th anniversary-branded cover — 1/170
  • Virgin (art-only covers without trade dress) B&W 25th anniversary cover — 1/511
  • Blank wraparound sketch cover — 1/1,022
  • Extremely rare sketch covers drawn by each series artists—25 copies per series of the 17 selected launches — 1/2,043
  • Exclusive THE WALKING DEAD: HERE’S NEGAN! #1—the first 24 pages of Negan’s origin story printed in single-issue-format for the first and only time. — 500 copies total printed
Image Comics is printing 1,992 blind boxes in commemoration of the company’s founding year in 1992. The IMAGE COMICS 25th ANNIVERSARY BLIND BOX will be available in comic stores on Wednesday, July 19th

This is just shady as all get out. Signed on March 5 and already graded and for sale before most collectors and stores have even received their boxes. I thought all 500 were supposed to be in the boxes? 

IMG_5432.PNG

IMG_5433.PNG

Edited by Michael Lamm

So the price was $9.99?  Can't imagine you would get that many books at that price so I'm assuming it was more then $10.

4 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

So the price was $9.99?  Can't imagine you would get that many books at that price so I'm assuming it was more then $10.

Variant noob...

Retailer price was $125 for a box. Markup from there varies.

Box has 25 books?

Edited by ygogolak

Just now, ygogolak said:

Variant noob...

Retailer price was $125 for a box. Markup from there varies.

Box has 25 books?

That makes more sense.  I'd be pissed if the books arrived beat up and I'd dropped $125 on the set. 

2 hours ago, Michael Lamm said:

This is just shady as all get out. Signed on March 5 and already graded and for sale before most collectors and stores have even received their boxes. I thought all 500 were supposed to be in the boxes?

Just read about this elsewhere.

1.jpg

Edited by ygogolak

22 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

This what my hobby has come to sadly. I really get upset when I see stuff like this.

Agreed

what also stands out is the wording.  For the other books that are not included in every box they show odds for finding them with the lone exception of the Negan book where it simply says the number printed.  Isn't that a coincidence??  Printed and odds for finding couldn't be more different and makes me wonder just how many found their way into these "blind" boxes.  

All these copies are coming out of a store in the UK that's part-owned by Charlie Adlard. Pretty crappy thing to do for a few extra bucks, I imagine the artist of the Walking Dead is doing ok financially.

My LCS and I ordered two, thinking he would, at best, get one for me. He is a small store in Indiana. They both came in, and he offered both to me so I took them. $200 each. Have not opened them yet, but I will tonight. Glad to have them!

14 minutes ago, Bill1 said:

My LCS and I ordered two, thinking he would, at best, get one for me. He is a small store in Indiana. They both came in, and he offered both to me so I took them. $200 each. Have not opened them yet, but I will tonight. Glad to have them!

Are you in Indy? If so I want to start going to that shop because $200 is a heck of a deal.

1 hour ago, Bordogna said:

All these copies are coming out of a store in the UK that's part-owned by Charlie Adlard. Pretty crappy thing to do for a few extra bucks, I imagine the artist of the Walking Dead is doing ok financially.

Never heard that he was part owner of that.

They also have / had a TWD #116 3rd print that was never released to the public. They had a bunch of those graded too.

Kind of funny. Some creators / artists are coming out against slabbing while other like Adlard and Greg Horn are lining their pockets.