• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image Comics Blind Box
1 1

186 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Never heard that he was part owner of that.

They also have / had a TWD #116 3rd print that was never released to the public. They had a bunch of those graded too.

Kind of funny. Some creators / artists are coming out against slabbing while other like Adlard and Greg Horn are lining their pockets.

I don't think hes an owner. He does have strong ties with that store and that store has been selling Adlards comp copies for some time.

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

Yeah not sure what happened there. Mine were all in good shape. I did get 24 instead of 25, though I'm not too upset since I got a Negan and other titles I wanted.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I'm looking for ROYAL CITY #1 BLANK editions from the boxes if anyone has those and wants to unload...

I have one with a small ink smudge and the horizontal line mentioned upthread. PM me if you're still interested.

5 hours ago, Anfield Fox said:

Wow those look terrible. Was just about to grab a box on eBay but not if all the books are twisted and mangled wrecks.

I am not  eager to get one either. I am second at LCS for the one that came in. The first choice goes to another guy who has until Friday to pay. It seem like the Negan is hot. The rest not. 

1 hour ago, cms1 said:

The results of my box opening.  I was pretty stunned by the results.

2hnceua.jpg

qxlx7o.jpg

xgilgx.jpg
bi48yr.jpg
2eztsmg.jpg
2sbmjw4.jpg

The sketch cover books are the thickest ones and the Negan book was the thinnest book in the box, so yeah I don't know how to explain how I ended up with what I did.

wow three sketches in one box and a Negan

bad collation but congrats to you

I would think it can still get a yellow label since it came from Image like that right? Or are there actual blanks in the boxes as well? So someone could actually get a blank and try to draw the same thing?

EDIT: What am I saying? Yellow label would have to be witnessed by CGC. It would have to be a blue label. (shrug)

Edited by kevhtx

I think It's a good idea (I was all over those Gen 13 Boxes in the 90's). It's just poorly executed.

1. Poor selection of titles. Only Walking Dead is in demand.

2. None of the Hot artists involved. If they got McFarlane, Silvestri, etc to do a few sketches there would be much more demand.

3. Poorly manufactured. Image knows these are for collectors so they should be high grade. Polybagging books always hurts the grades because of the process involved.

10 hours ago, zupaphly said:

So it seems like all the negans, blanks, and sketches came from 2 boxes if my math is correct... :facepalm:

What are you saying. The ones in the photos posted? Looks like 24 books total to me and a box is supposed to have 25 comics.