• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Image Comics Blind Box
1 1

186 posts in this topic

Another note on original art, some of them are incredible. The Paklis ones imparticular have all looked amazing and even include some color it appears. But some of the original art sketches have left a lot wanting or even been incredibly lazy. For example: see the photos. I love Jonathan's books and there is no problem with the sketches taken individually. But to make more than one almost identical? 

luna1.jpg

luna2.jpg

Edited by sirwesker

58 minutes ago, sirwesker said:

Yeah, I would guess for the more popular series, the prices will settle around this:

Regular color variants: 5 - 10

Regular B&W variants: 10 - 15

Virgin color variants: 20 - 30

Virgin B&W variants: 30 - 60

Blanks - who knows

Those prices aren't even close especially for the rare ones! Where did you pull these numbers out of?

2 minutes ago, 1p36DSA said:

Those prices aren't even close especially for the rare ones! Where did you pull these numbers out of?

This is just what I've been seeing. The only outliers might be the Donny Cates series. 

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:33 AM, Michael Lamm said:

This is just shady as all get out. Signed on March 5 and already graded and for sale before most collectors and stores have even received their boxes. I thought all 500 were supposed to be in the boxes? 

IMG_5432.PNG

IMG_5433.PNG

I cant stop looking at this....so  confused

I would bet money and almost guarantee that Charlie got several comp copies to do with what he pleases. The artists always get them earlier, sometimes much earlier, than the market does. So long as he didn't sell them prior to release date, there is no problem. I also assume he has some pretty great pull at Image because of the book he works on, earning him more comp copies than most artists get. 

So yes there are probably like 510 to 520 copies of this book in existence, but only 500 put to market in the blind boxes. 

Edited by sirwesker

1 hour ago, MrWalkingDead said:

ten 9.8s already graded on day 1-    I hope you're right about the print numbers-

I've only seen a few on ebay. I'm sure the vast majority of people who are getting them are getting them graded. That's why we've probably seen so few. 

On 7/19/2017 at 0:49 PM, ygogolak said:

Never heard that he was part owner of that.

They also have / had a TWD #116 3rd print that was never released to the public. They had a bunch of those graded too.

Kind of funny. Some creators / artists are coming out against slabbing while other like Adlard and Greg Horn are lining their pockets.

I doubt Allard is lining his pockets...he gives all the proceeds of his art sales to charity, he does not worry about money anymore. 

On 7/12/2017 at 8:00 AM, Sandflea said:

While looking at my Comixology pulls for this week, I saw that i've ordered a Blind Box thru my awesome LCS; no mention of cancellations on their end... if  the box happens to come in next week, will take pics & share...

*UPDATE*

I did travel to my LCS on Friday & the blind box was there in my pulls, at a $250 price point.  Chatting with one of the owners, he stated that at the time of placing the orders, he ordered 10, but was allocated to just 1...:frown:

20170724_123026.thumb.jpg.99e6c916f842f5c730e02281a6c2e31a.jpg

The owner also stated that he really didn't know about what books were inside, so I gave an explanation.

Since I posted on this thread that I would share pics of the contents inside once I received the box, & also wanted to show my LCS owner the items inside as well, i'm going to open the box at the LCS this Friday evening, and post pics of the results here in this thread.  Will I be sad or glad, we'll see (hopefully it's the latter)... :wishluck:

:wishluck:

16 minutes ago, Sandflea said:

*UPDATE*

I did travel to my LCS on Friday & the blind box was there in my pulls, at a $250 price point.  Chatting with one of the owners, he stated that at the time of placing the orders, he ordered 10, but was allocated to just 1...:frown:

The owner also stated that he really didn't know about what books were inside, so I gave an explanation.

Since I posted on this thread that I would share pics of the contents inside once I received the box, & also wanted to show my LCS owner the items inside as well, i'm going to open the box at the LCS this Friday evening, and post pics of the results here in this thread.  Will I be sad or glad, we'll see (hopefully it's the latter)... :wishluck:

:wishluck:

41 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

Was able to acquire a box for just $175 so figured I'd open them... how did I do?

20170724_142824.jpg

20170724_142830.jpg

20170724_142946.jpg

Price wise - (thumbsu

If the spines & corners are excellent - (thumbsu

Edited by Sandflea
forgot to add corner condition

2 hours ago, NamesJay said:

Was able to acquire a box for just $175 so figured I'd open them... how did I do?

20170724_142824.jpg

20170724_142830.jpg

20170724_142946.jpg

For $175, that's a steal. How'd u manage that? The lowest I'm getting is $350. :/

27 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

Surprisingly a local shop offered to me at that price. I wasn't arguing :-)

Looks like you got all 17 regular color variants and 8 of the regular B&W variants. Not bad for 175. 

So my Ebay'd Box turned out something like this..not usually abragger, but seems really like a strike. Single box.

Paklis- normal

youngblood-normal

the few -color virgin

plastic-color virgin

plastic-normal

plastic-BW virgin

Rose-normal

youngblood-color virgin

Paklis-Normal

Extremity-Normal

Extremity-Color virgin

Regression-BW Virgin

Regression-Normal

Old Guard- Normal

Old Guard-Color Virgin

Rock Candy mountain color virgin

Rock Candy Mountain

Hysteria BW virgin

Girl Scouts BW variant

Redneck-Color virgin

Sun Bakery-Color Virgin....

And in Between the sets of runs were.....

Paklis, Regresion, Rocky Candy and Royal City Orginals..I'll post pictures.