• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No grader notes available?

4 posts in this topic

I recently took the plunge on a Giant-size X-men #1 9.6. Naturally I was curious about the grader notes, only to find that none were available. https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx?cgc-comic-cert=1294167001

I see that the book was graded recently - do the notes lag behind a bit? Is it possible there just aren't notes at all?

Apologies if this is a common question, I searched the boards before posting.

Sometimes there are none... They possibly could lag to if it's recently been graded... time will tell. 

I wonder if another question to ask is if there are no greater notes that the flaw is too minor to notate, then you might Post in another forum here on the boards and ask whether it is pressable or not

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Yeah, sometimes there are notes, sometimes not. I have 9.8's with grader's notes, 9.6's without notes, 9.4's without notes. It all just depends. Not sure if the criteria is just that the flaws are obvious or simply grader's discretion.

I personally think there should be notes on all books unless there really aren't flaws. By having light spine stress lines in a 9.6, you know why it is a 9.6 and not higher. Most people just assume there is some minor flaw with a 9.6 or 9.4 keeping them from being 9.8.