• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping from Canada and fees

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I live in Canada and would like to know what the best shipping method for higher end books between Canada and the USA. Sadly, I have received books from the USA through FedEx and UPS and have had to pay a brokerage fee in addition to applicable taxes, often close to about $50-100 for something with a declared value of $500. If it is being shipped via ground courier, it's often higher, but less if it's sent express. Do you in the USA have to pay these brokerage fees when you receive books from Canada?

There is also a shipping service here that ships using US services, but the value limit is less than $800.

Thanks

gonzoo

The few that I've gotten from Canada, I have only had to pay currency transfer, to make it Canada money. I think that they charged me $10 for that, but no shipping taxes etc.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM