• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What if DC and Marvel were to merge?
2 2

33 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Then the Speed Force can undo the latest alternate-reality-bending -mega-event that the Cosmic Cube created, or the other way around....ooooh my head... 

Or Superboy Prime could return and knock some sense into Marvel's space-time continuum.

Is there really a difference between the two companies?  Like all mergers you would have to downsize to eliminate overlapping roles.  There would be an epic battle royal to determine who stays...Thanos vs Darkseid, Deadshot vs Deadpool, Namor vs Aquaman, etc, etc, etc.

I'd rather see each of the companies spinning off to create sub-universes.  Like ones that cater specifically to children's books or a manga line.

Wouldn't surprise me if it happened eventually. Fewer and fewer corporations are in control of everything and the choices you have are getting smaller and smaller. Soon everything there is will be owned and controlled by one corporation.

20 hours ago, OrangeNemesis said:

they merge and now Batman is a trans girl from Uganda, Catwoman is gay dude with a weird cat fetish, Bane becomes chinese and fights asian hulk over land disputes........

no thanks. 

hahah

6 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Is there really a difference between the two companies?  Like all mergers you would have to downsize to eliminate overlapping roles.  There would be an epic battle royal to determine who stays...Thanos vs Darkseid, Deadshot vs Deadpool, Namor vs Aquaman, etc, etc, etc.

I'd rather see each of the companies spinning off to create sub-universes.  Like ones that cater specifically to children's books or a manga line.

Namor vs Aquaman

--aquaman is clearly 'the catcher' in that relationship.

15 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Might make sense for Disney.  More superhero rides, stuffed animals, trinkets, all based on DC characters.  Disney is pretty good at monetizing their properties and Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and all the rest are pretty powerful ideas.

Disney can barely keep up with merchandising the characters they already have. Their #1 push these days is Star Wars and Frozen. Been in a Disney store lately? My grand daughter watches the Disney channel and loves Minnie Mouse. We went in to see if we could find her something. The place was packed with Star Wars and Frozen. A small amount of Marvel stuff. Way, back in the back one one small rack was the Disney Character stuff. Not much to chose from. VERY sad actually. I can't imagine what they would do if they had DC characters as well.

ATT, which just bought Time Warner is rumored to be looking into acquiring Disney, which would put Marvel and Dc under the same corporate umbrella. ATT is famous for streamlining its divisions so have two separate comic divisions would make no sense.

10 hours ago, shadroch said:

ATT, which just bought Time Warner is rumored to be looking into acquiring Disney, which would put Marvel and Dc under the same corporate umbrella. ATT is famous for streamlining its divisions so have two separate comic divisions would make no sense.

Likely to be a bit of a Crisis if that happens.

On 2017-06-29 at 9:25 PM, OrangeNemesis said:

they merge and now Batman is a trans girl from Uganda, Catwoman is gay dude with a weird cat fetish, Bane becomes chinese and fights asian hulk over land disputes........

no thanks. 

I laughed for a solid 10 minutes after reading this. So true. Marvel would destroy all the dc greats just like they messed with their own roster. 

First they'd give them a bit of a mauling by having Bat-Gwen, Super-Gwen and Wonder-Gwen comics, before going in that hard.