• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 2 directed by Patty Jenkins (11/1/19)
3 3

1,313 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, paperheart said:

this time those late ballots took a turn for the worse

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/wonder-woman-1984/critic-reviews

Yeah the mixed reviews have me a little down.  I was really looking forward to this movie.  I will still watch it, granted I get HBO max for free because I have ATT mobile.  So I have zero skin in the game.

6 hours ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Approaching "Rotten" territory

untitled-ww84+RT.jpg

That’s too bad I was hoping this would do well critically since there’s no box office to speak of anymore. Good comic book movies bode well for the industry and our hobby. But at least you’re happy about it for some reason.

Its not a bad film. Now is it a blockbuster breakout film? No not by a long shot. This isn't an action blockbuster by any chance at all.  I am not really sure what it wants to be and I heard the ending was changed by Warner. 

I never as a kid got the relationship between Trevor and Wonder Woman I do now. That being said I think it dominated the movie too much. Cheetah wasn't used correctly I don't think either. All that being said I enjoyed the film for what it was. Its not a step
forward from the last film which was fantastic. This one just kinda sets up a new direction for WW I think.

I am going to go as far as to say the end credits for me made the entire film and made me smile. Which is what a good movie should make you do at the end. Everyone knows what I am talking about that has seen it. We have waited a very long time to see that again.

Edited by fastballspecial

For what the movie is, it’s enjoyable and Trevor is great.

i liked it’

those looking for cinema , you’ll never find it here nor in any of the marvel films (The only thing close we got to that were the Nolan films)

if you have the bias of marvel, your points are pointless. You see through Mickey Mouse ears and nothing can help you but that opening marvel intro or Stan lee cameo

Edited by jsilverjanet