• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 2 directed by Patty Jenkins (11/1/19)
3 3

1,313 posts in this topic

i thoroughly enjoyed it. watched it with my 6 year old which probably helped the enjoyment factor, though he's a bit young for it. gal gadot would compel me to watch her even if she was just cutting her nails. 

pedro pascal was great too, he's having quite the year. kristin wiig also was very good in her role. it's not infinity war, no question. it's pretty light and silly but also has stakes. i just thought the end was a bit overly PC. but overall i liked it.  

i expect it will end up being the most downloaded movie ever, though it won't keep that crown for very long. 

It was very uneven. Kristen Wiig was great, and Gadot was good as always, but the plot made very little sense, and the redeeming moments were often outweighed by the stuff that didn't land. Oh well. At least there was some superhero content to consume. Looking forward to WandaVision in a few weeks, and hopefully Black Widow in the next ~6 months.

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

For what the movie is, it’s enjoyable and Trevor is great.

i liked it’

those looking for cinema , you’ll never find it here nor in any of the marvel films (The only thing close we got to that were the Nolan films)

if you have the bias of marvel, your points are pointless. You see through Mickey Mouse ears and nothing can help you but that opening marvel intro or Stan lee cameo

Pretty much nailed it. I’ll watch this next week and if I think it sucks I’ll call it out. I don’t defend any movie because it’s in a certain wheelhouse. 

I really enjoyed the Mall opening. Nostalgia galore, with B. Dalton. That's where I bought my first fireside Marvel Origins and Son of Origins. It also had a very original Superman film feel to it.

After the opening however, things didn't stay as great, unfortunately. Never thought I'd see Cheetah on the big screen. Makes me long for the Legion of Super-Heroes live action, with all the original team from the Challenge of the Super Friends.

I signed up to HBOMax to see this film with anticipation that this film will be very good. Boy...I was wrong. The first 10 minutes started off ok but it went down hill from there. Within 30 minutes into the movie my 18 year old kid walked out of the living room. Then another 15 minutes my wife started to doze off. I was the only one around saw the entire movie and it was bad. It had some interesting points in the movie but that was it. I don’t think Pat Jenkins had full control of the film. It looks like someone higher up or board members was controlling the direction of the movie. 

Also, there’s an ugly rumor that they might stop printing DC Comics entirely and go all digital. 

9 hours ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

Is there a Synder Cut of WW84?

ohmyzod.png

That will be the excuse and they will ask for a mulligan :roflmao:

I really wanted this to be good also. I wanted it to be a success to show that this model could work but I’m thinking now the movie companies may just release their stinkers on their platforms (like Mulan also) to get subscribers over the next year until people figure this out...

Edited by Xenosmilus

It was unfortunately a letdown for me and my family especially after the first film.

It felt tonally wrong. Was it trying to be an 80’s satire? The way they resolved things at the end of the film just felt off.

The acting and Fx were solid. The screenplay was a hot mess. Aquaman was much better and I didn’t really like that film.

Missed opportunity... 2/5 :cry:

PS: In Canada, we were able to stream it on VOD for $30. I really regret the purchase.

Edited by piper

16 hours ago, WEBHEAD said:

Sorry I tried to watch it for about 45 minutes  then I just had to stop the  stream..... terrible --script  who cares about the 80s anymore  they need Marvel scripts and directors

Same here. My family was begging me to put something different on. 

25 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

That will be the excuse and they will ask for a mulligan :roflmao:

Who’s making the excuses? Serious question. Who are “they”?  I haven’t seen it yet but if sucks it’s sucks. Or if it’s ok it’s ok. There’s no reason to defend any movie. Unless you made it.

3 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Who’s making the excuses? Serious question. Who are “they”?  I haven’t seen it yet but if sucks it’s sucks. Or if it’s ok it’s ok. There’s no reason to defend any movie. Unless you made it.

When I said “will” that indicates in the future. No one has made excuses...yet. “They” meaning any yet to be determined Executive or Producer/Director.

It was fine but only in terms of typical streaming movies on Netflix.  It was entertaining but the plot was all over the place and it felt rushed and lacking any "soul" like the first one exhibited.  The 1st part was well put together but I have no clue how it fit into the movie as a whole.  I'd give it a C for entertainment factor but it definitely was not worth the wait.

9 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

When I said “will” that indicates in the future. No one has made excuses...yet. “They” meaning any yet to be determined Executive or Producer/Director.

Gotcha, well I’m sure those excuses will start pouring out like you said.