• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 2 directed by Patty Jenkins (11/1/19)
3 3

1,313 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Exactly like it went down. :roflmao:

"It puts the lotion in the basket - with an HBO Max trial subscription."

I actually have HBO Max for life as I recently switched to AT&T internet from Comcast. I’m not one of these poor suckers who eagerly rushed to buy a subscription so they could be the first to see their DCEU savior take down the MCU with flying golden armor.

28 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I actually have HBO Max for life as I recently switched to AT&T internet from Comcast. I’m not one of these poor suckers who eagerly rushed to buy a subscription so they could be the first to see their DCEU savior take down the MCU with flying golden armor.

Why does it always go back to a studio competition with you? Like people are sitting there cheering 'SCREW DISNY AND THE MCU'? That's a real mental issue if someone is fixated on something like that. 

Heck, even the hard feelings toward Snyder fans gets old as those folks have raised over $500,000 towards suicide prevention. Move on from this nutty fixation and entertainment life gets better.

saw it yesterday.  i'm not going to critique the film, as i'm not willing to risk the wrath of bosco--i want to end the year on a happy note.

but, i'll tell you some movies i liked better, and maybe that will give a clue.  i preferred suicide squad.   i preferred green lantern. 

i did prefer ww84 to both of my root canals.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I don’t buy it. I think Minerva was sincerely supposed to be funny once you got to know her but the filmmakers didn’t really let us get to know her and couldn’t figure out something funny for Kristin Wiig, one of the funniest ladies around, to do or say.

Even then, if what you say is indeed the filmmakers’ intention, that Diana is using Minerva, then Patty Jenkins presents us a hero who is not only a snob, but was a cheater, is a liar and a manipulator, and is selfish to the point of not caring that her wish has wiped out the body and mind of an innocent human being. Some hero.

I wonder if Ms Jenkins is confusing Wonder Woman with Monster?

She might have been but I felt that WW was detached from humanity but felt as if she needed to be a caretaker so she does not allow personal attachments or friendships.  After all, she doesn't age... so every so often she has to disappear and reinvent herself.   As she said, she does not get out much. 

She allowed herself to find friendship in an effort to gain access to artifacts that might prove important or worth an amazonian investigating.  

She was ready to accept gaining Steve Trevor back in the body of another person.   So maybe she isn't all that pure at heart.  Like most people there are gray areas. 

So... you got your opinion on it... cool.  I got mine.  Like I said, there were obvious flaws but this was not one of them. 

I stand by what I said, 3/5.   Not the best but certainly not the worst in the Superhero genre. 

48 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Why does it always go back to a studio competition with you? Like people are sitting there cheering 'SCREW DISNY AND THE MCU'? That's a real mental issue if someone is fixated on something like that. 

Heck, even the hard feelings toward Snyder fans gets old as those folks have raised over $500,000 towards suicide prevention. Move on from this nutty fixation and entertainment life gets better.

I still say Trank's FF sucked.  I tried sitting through that again.  

I did recently watch An American Pickle.  Seth Rogan is always a delight. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

only a rare few s/h flicks have i not watched once, based on reviews/word of mouth.  the ff reboot, the second ghost rider, that last x-men dark phoenix thing.   i can never unsee superman IV, so i now and then try to protect my memories by saying "pass."

27 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

saw it yesterday.  i'm not going to critique the film, as i'm not willing to risk the wrath of bosco--i want to end the year on a happy note.

but, i'll tell you some movies i liked better, and maybe that will give a clue.  i preferred suicide squad.   i preferred green lantern. 

i did prefer ww84 to both of my root canals.

Yes, the wrath of Bosco when someone purposely posts movie spoilers and then continuously posts negatives in a thread because they see the world through MCU glasses. :facepalm:

Such an ignorant statement on your part. Maybe you should check my review of the movie before stating something like that?!

20 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Fantastic 4 was horrible. And yet it had some solid actors that walked away turned off to their comic book film experience.

Meanwhile, do we go into all the non-MCU threads and then post 'Disney/MCU always does it right!' That's a close-minded view on things.

50 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Yes, the wrath of Bosco when someone purposely posts movie spoilers and then continuously posts negatives in a thread because they see the world through MCU glasses. :facepalm:

Such an ignorant statement on your part. Maybe you should check my review of the movie before stating something like that?!

hoping you can find a safe space to get over it.

2 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

hoping you can find a safe space to get over it.

Sure. And I hope you get over the chip on your shoulder. Like when you constantly mentioned what I rated BVS after coming back from the theater after seeing it.

Everyone has a hobby. Yours is clear. ME! And you can't have me. I'm taken! (:

51 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Fantastic 4 was horrible. And yet it had some solid actors that walked away turned off to their comic book film experience.

Meanwhile, do we go into all the non-MCU threads and then post 'Disney/MCU always does it right!' That's a close-minded view on things.

I was one of those that had cheered on Michael B Jordan signing on to play Johnny Storm actually.  I had such high hopes for the cast and actually the opening sequence of young Reed Richards and young Ben Grimm was actually done quite well... after that it falls apart.   

The one thing I will say about the MCU AND DCU is that they are pretty spot on when it comes to casting.  I cannot speak on Suicide Squad as I need to rewatch that in one setting... but I have been satisfied with every selection they have made.   For example, Leto was not the best Joker but that is a pretty high bar to reach... however, you have to respect a guy that takes the NYC subway to laugh out loud in different ways while in disguise to see what makes people the most uncomfortable.  

The casting agents on all of these films are the real heroes to these movies. 

Even putting Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern... even Ryan Reynolds. 

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Nor am I.

I subscribe to Netflix, Disney+ and Apple TV and have an Amazon Prime Video account just because I have Amazon Prime...

Those accounts are given to my parents who in turn gave me the password for their cable package and network TV.  There is something fun in flat out telling Verizon that I am using Optimum over their network when they keep trying to get me to buy into a TV package. 

There are many many people that are not subscribers to these things that are watching them... 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I was one of those that had cheered on Michael B Jordan signing on to play Johnny Storm actually.  I had such high hopes for the cast and actually the opening sequence of young Reed Richards and young Ben Grimm was actually done quite well... after that it falls apart.   

The one thing I will say about the MCU AND DCU is that they are pretty spot on when it comes to casting.  I cannot speak on Suicide Squad as I need to rewatch that in one setting... but I have been satisfied with every selection they have made.   For example, Leto was not the best Joker but that is a pretty high bar to reach... however, you have to respect a guy that takes the NYC subway to laugh out loud in different ways while in disguise to see what makes people the most uncomfortable.  

The casting agents on all of these films are the real heroes to these movies. 

Even putting Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern... even Ryan Reynolds. 

Another bummer of a final film. Though the first few acts covering Io were great. But they focused so much on Hector Hammond and the Smoke Beast Parallax. What a shame!

There is a Director's Cut where it focuses more on Hal's relationship with his test pilot dad. It makes that Act 1 even better to see how it emotionally impacted him. But no additional scenes could fix the villains.

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Another bummer of a final film. Though the first few acts covering Io were great. But they focused so much on Hector Hammond and the Smoke Beast Parallax. What a shame!

There is a Director's Cut where it focuses more on Hal's relationship with his test pilot dad. It makes that Act 1 even better to see how it emotionally impacted him. But no additional scenes could fix the villains.

I still have not seen Green Lantern or The Spirit. Maybe one day. Or not.

11 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I still have not seen Green Lantern or The Spirit. Maybe one day. Or not.

If you have a free account with Movies Anywhere come January 1st I will have three screen passes allowed. I can give you access to Green Lantern: Extended Cut or Green Lantern Theatrical Release. Though to me as a Hal Jordan/Green Lantern fan is the animated film, First Flight.

GreenLantern01.thumb.png.ee9af0b5f68ac87cf7623345a8812c65.png

If you have a Smart TV with the Movies Anywhere app on it you can even watch it there. Otherwise, you can watch it on your PC, tablet or phone.

Edited by Bosco685