• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 2 directed by Patty Jenkins (11/1/19)
3 3

1,313 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, paperheart said:

:ohnoez:

In its 5th wknd, #WonderWoman1984

WonderWoman_84_Dec_2020.png

dropped to 3rd place with $1.6M putting domestic #boxoffice cume at $37.7M. Intl mkts added $2.1M (down a sharp 60% thx in part to huge drop in Russia) for total of $110.3M putting global at $148M.

Back to 59% RT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2BjCgC1MvUwwXjy2f3fL

Untitledww84-59.jpg

Edited by Chaos_in_Canada

On 1/22/2021 at 10:24 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Amazon UK wants £15-99 to watch it.  Twice what it'd cost me at a cinema.  A little more expensive than a physical copy Blu-ray.

A bit ridiculous. From the reviews here, I'll pass.

It's ridiculous, isn't it? They want £15 or so for Tenent when I can get the DVD for £10.

11 hours ago, paperheart said:

:ohnoez:

In its 5th wknd, #WonderWoman1984

WonderWoman_84_Dec_2020.png

dropped to 3rd place with $1.6M putting domestic #boxoffice cume at $37.7M. Intl mkts added $2.1M (down a sharp 60% thx in part to huge drop in Russia) for total of $110.3M putting global at $148M.

You do understand that not many people are going to the cinema lately, and millions watched WW84 on streaming, right? 

7 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

You do understand that not many people are going to the cinema lately, and millions watched WW84 on streaming, right? 

How dare you bring brains to a tossed salad between two ears post. (:

$2M is now the big domestic Week Two market. :(

WB knew it had a critical dud on its hands so it dumped it during a period when no one else would dare throw a $350MM all in investment on the market. How'd it do in China during a period when Croods 2 did $53MM+ (vs $63MM for Croods), Soul did $50MM+ (3rd highest Pixar total);  WW84 $25MM vs $90MM for WW (down 70+%). Scotty's 'sacrificial lamb' got slaughtered.

42 minutes ago, paperheart said:

WB knew it had a critical dud on its hands so it dumped it during a period when no one else would dare throw a $350MM all in investment on the market. How'd it do in China during a period when Croods 2 did $53MM+ (vs $63MM for Croods), Soul did $50MM+ (3rd highest Pixar total);  WW84 $25MM vs $90MM for WW (down 70+%). Scotty's 'sacrificial lamb' got slaughtered.

tenor.gif.b2906e90dd80c3f5c2fdca09c400624d.gif

So we ignore the fact:

• China market recognized WW84 was also released at the same time online in certain markets so they could buy pirated copies parallel to the theater release
  • China subsidized tickets on local film releases killing the momentum of WW84

Unfortunately you so want to stomp on these films you ignore such details. No matter how weak or strong the films are. Like your amazing prediction Joker had no international market potential.

Edited by Bosco685

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Haay, Steve Trevor finally has someone worth a spit on his "commando team." I mean, Captain Trevor could have literally recruited Betty White and the Golden Girls and they would have been more effective on the battlefield.

Sorry. Betty White was showing ScarJo how to stand out in that Black Widow role. :baiting:

AT&T said the number of activated HBO Max accounts doubled in the fourth quarter to 17.2 million compared with the third quarter, partly due to the release of Wonder Woman 1984.

The number of overall domestic subscriptions to both regular HBO and HBO Max reached 41.5 million, which the company said was two years ahead of its initial forecasts and up from 34.6 million in the 2019 quarter. Before the May 2020 debut of HBO Max, AT&T said its five-year goal was to get 50 million total U.S. subscribers, and between 75 million to 90 million globally.

On 1/10/2021 at 7:58 AM, Randall Ries said:

We sure aren't weightless when we hit. This says I weigh 230lbs falling from 1,000 feet. Top speed is 174 mph and it takes me 7 seconds to get to my destination.

Untitled.png

"If only we could harness that energy, channel it into the flux capacitor. It just might work. Next Saturday night --- we're sending YOU --- Back to the Future!!"

BTTF-Doc-Brown-1.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

4 hours ago, ChillMan said:

HBO Max subscriptions have been going up by 4M per quarter, Wonder Woman or no Wonder Woman.  Made no difference.  WW would have been a dud even without the pandemic.

At the end of 2020, WarnerMedia had 41.5 million combined HBO Max and HBO U.S. subscribers, up 20% from 34.6 million a year prior. The nearly 7 million net gain for the year was more than HBO added in the previous 10 years combined, according to AT&T, which said it hit the 41.5 million number two years faster than its initial forecast. 

:)

On 1/27/2021 at 6:28 AM, Bosco685 said:

The number of overall domestic subscriptions to both regular HBO and HBO Max reached 41.5 million, which the company said was two years ahead of its initial forecasts and up from 34.6 million in the 2019 quarter. Before the May 2020 debut of HBO Max, AT&T said its five-year goal was to get 50 million total U.S. subscribers, and between 75 million to 90 million globally.

Yeah, but I’m responsible for 4 of those subscriptions.  AT&T had a thing where if you wanted 30Gb of yolking data a month it was an extra $5 per line.  Since I was paying $30 a month for my portable hotspot with 35Gb data a month it made sense.  So I put it on all three of my kids lines and mine.  Oh and it gave us each a subscription to HBO Max included in that $5.

18 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Yeah, but I’m responsible for 4 of those subscriptions.  AT&T had a thing where if you wanted 30Gb of yolking data a month it was an extra $5 per line.  Since I was paying $30 a month for my portable hotspot with 35Gb data a month it made sense.  So I put it on all three of my kids lines and mine.  Oh and it gave us each a subscription to HBO Max included in that $5.

They all are scrambling in any way possible to get subscription numbers up.

I'm on a 6-month Disney+ promotion now where all I had to do was use my 2K Disney Movie Insider points to 'buy' a gift card. And within the week the promotion was taken down due to overwhelming redemptions. So do all those come up as paying customers or free customers? Who knows. Folks don't seem to be peeling apart Disney+ subscriptions like they do HBO Max. rantrant

Wonder Woman 1984, which debuted on HBO Max on Christmas Day at the same time it hit theaters, topped Nielsen’s updated U.S. streaming chart for the week of December 21 to 27.

Nielsen has not officially begun measuring WarnerMedia’s streaming service, but it provided a revision of last week’s regular rankings, saying WW84 racked up 2.252 billion minutes of streaming. That was 35% better than Pixar’s Soul, which drew almost 1.7 billion minutes on Disney+. It was also 85% ahead of red-hot Bridgerton, which Netflix this week anointed as its most-streamed original show.

On the revised chart, five of the top 10 weekly entries were feature films, a split reflecting the direction of content distribution as Covid-19 keeps movie theaters closed in LA, New York and many other markets. WarnerMedia plans to release the entire 2021 Warner Bros slate on HBO Max in parallel with theaters. Determining what exactly the big streaming start means to the economic performance of the film is a nearly impossible task. It is approaching $150 million at the global box office, but has declined quickly, unsurprisingly given the many territories still battling Covid outbreaks.

WarnerMedia parent AT&T said HBO Max activations doubled in the fourth quarter to 17.2 million, a surge it credited in part to the release of WW84. The company did not break out any viewership data on the film.

In a statement provided by Nielsen, HBO Max EVP and GM Andy Forssell called the release “a huge holiday gift to the consumer at a time when they wanted and needed it.”

No wonder why WarnerMedia announced Wonder Woman 3 so rapidly.