• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 2 directed by Patty Jenkins (11/1/19)
3 3

1,313 posts in this topic

Well I looked at it this way. Has any movie done well in the box office?

Will things get better in the next 2-3 months?

While I could care less about the source, I'm considering more the actual situation that has taken place regarding new releases (more and more going straight to streaming)

But instead of the possibility of it being true it's met with ridicule.

For someone who hates the constant negativity in his threads you sure are quick to jump on the bandwagon when someone directs it away from your mindset.

Great sub-forum you have here - you and you're crew are very welcoming

10 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Well I looked at it this way. Has any movie done well in the box office?

Will things get better in the next 2-3 months?

While I could care less about the source, I'm considering more the actual situation that has taken place regarding new releases (more and more going straight to streaming)

But instead of the possibility of it being true it's met with ridicule.

For someone who hates the constant negativity in his threads you sure are quick to jump on the bandwagon when someone directs it away from your mindset.

Great sub-forum you have here - you and you're crew are very welcoming

Come on now. Nobody is giving you a hard time. So don't take it that way.

We Got This Covered is one where you have to be careful on its articles.

Now that last line - give me a break. You responded assuming someone was ridiculing you when it was about the source. Not you.

In an interview with Reuters, Patty Jenkins reiterated that Warner Bros. is still not planning on releasing Wonder Woman 1984 through any streaming services like HBO Max or VOD at this time, despite the film's continuing delays due to the pandemic. Some of this year’s major Hollywood films, including Walt Disney Co’s “Mulan,” skipped cinemas and went straight to streaming. Jenkins said that option is not under consideration for her sequel, “Wonder Woman 1984.”

Jenkins also voiced her worries about a future world in which the theatrical experience is non-existent:

“I don’t think any of us want to live in a world where the only option is to take your kids to watch a movie in your own living room and not have a place to go for a date.”

Finally, the filmmaker stated that she hoped Wonder Woman 1984 will be "one of the very first ones to come back [to theaters] and bring that into everyone’s life."

So far, WB and Patty Jenkins are staying committed to a theater release. But anything can happen depending on how long this pandemic drags on.

11 minutes ago, The Brain said:

"... the possibility of it being true ..."

This is why I said "consider the source."

That site has a history of trying to be first

to the story, by NOT being FACTUAL

As proof see above.

Unfortunately, up there with Cosmic Book News and Umberto on The Wrap.

Cosmic_Book_News_TomWelling.JPG.f0607d15c259e77b2b756d75d35c0297.JPG

umberto_hansolo01.PNG.03bd314e036ad33a06be548847c17572.PNG

Covid 19 made people realize that perhaps that no longer NEED to go to a theater anymore. 

Jenkins is merely one of many who have said this so I do not want anyone thinking I am beating up on her here.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-patty-jenkins/wonder-woman-director-warns-movie-going-could-become-extinct-idUSKBN26S2QF

“If we shut this down, this will not be a reversible process,” she said in an interview from her home in Los Angeles. “We could lose movie theater-going forever.”

Maybe, just maybe... movies should be scaled back a bit.

If they want to keep the prices the same...whatevs... but maybe for more of these movies to be profitable they need to decrease budgets and do more with less.  It seems that each and every movie needs to outdo the others.  There are a lot of classic movies that have become classics that could be made even at today's inflation rate at a fraction of what it costs to make some of these flicks.

Maybe then it will be profitable to watch movies again in the theater with half audiences until life readjusts.  Maybe then it will be profitable to put these things on a streaming service.  Somehow Netflix is spending a ga-jillion on original content and seems to be making that model work for them. 

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Covid 19 made people realize that perhaps that no longer NEED to go to a theater anymore. 

Jenkins is merely one of many who have said this so I do not want anyone thinking I am beating up on her here.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-patty-jenkins/wonder-woman-director-warns-movie-going-could-become-extinct-idUSKBN26S2QF

Maybe, just maybe... movies should be scaled back a bit.

If they want to keep the prices the same...whatevs... but maybe for more of these movies to be profitable they need to decrease budgets and do more with less.  It seems that each and every movie needs to outdo the others.  There are a lot of classic movies that have become classics that could be made even at today's inflation rate at a fraction of what it costs to make some of these flicks.

Maybe then it will be profitable to watch movies again in the theater with half audiences until life readjusts.  Maybe then it will be profitable to put these things on a streaming service.  Somehow Netflix is spending a ga-jillion on original content and seems to be making that model work for them. 

That one statement alone is so true on its own.

If you look back just over the past five years, so many films released that if you even watched them one time you would never see them again. It would be so much better if studios put all their efforts into really solid stories that captivate moviegoers repeatedly.

Edited by Bosco685

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

That one statement alone is so true on its own.

If you look back just over the past five years, so many films released that if you even watched them one time you would never see them again. It would be so much better if studios put all their efforts into really solid stories that captivate moviegoers repeatedly.

Nonsense, they should just keep letting JJ Abrams reboot everything.  lol

Index Pointing Up Emoji (U+261D, U+FE0F)

‘Wonder Woman 1984’: Warner Bros. Mulls January HBO Max Release or Delay to Summer 2021

1bb185a0-ffe6-11e8-bdec-ad78ed49f4d3
Adam B. Vary
Six weeks before “Wonder Woman 1984” is scheduled to open in theaters on Christmas, Warner Bros. execs are considering whether to push the highly anticipated superhero sequel to the summer of 2021, or keep the movie on its Dec. 25 theatrical debut and then put it on the HBO Max streaming service in early January, according to sources with knowledge of the plans.

Bloomberg is the site everyone seems to be pointing to with the real details. And hinting to WB may lean into a best of both worlds scenario with theater and streaming parallel combination.

‘Wonder Woman’ May Go to HBO Max Shortly After Theater Opening

“Wonder Woman 1984,” the only big movie still scheduled to debut in theaters this year, may appear on AT&T Inc.’s HBO Max just a week or two after its release, according to people familiar with the matter, a move that could help the new streaming service add subscribers quickly and keep cinemas open at the same time.

AT&T’s WarnerMedia is in the final stages of deliberations over the fate of the film, which is currently scheduled to open in theaters on Christmas Day. While the studio could delay the movie until next year, the quick-to-home-video release is another option gaining support, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing internal deliberations. The plans haven’t been set and could change, they said, adding that some cinema owners are open to the idea in this instance.

Releasing a movie such as “Wonder Woman 1984” at home so soon after it appears in theaters would have been unthinkable earlier this year. The movie was expected to be one of the summer’s biggest hits, a follow-up to a film that grossed $821.8 million worldwide in 2017. But the pandemic has forced Hollywood to rewrite its playbook.

New WarnerMedia chief Jason Kilar is looking to accelerate subscriber growth at HBO Max, its six-month-old competitor to Netflix and a key focus for future growth. An online release of a big DC Comics superhero movie right after Christmas could fuel sign-ups. The service finished the third quarter with 8.6 million active users. Together, the HBO pay-TV network and HBO Max have 38 million U.S. customers and 57 million worldwide.

While theaters have criticized studios for releasing new movies at home so soon after they appears in theaters, they may be willing to relax their objections in this case. More theaters risk closing for the rest of the year if Warner Bros. delays “Wonder Woman 1984,” an unwelcome thought for chains already teetering on the brink of insolvency. Additionally, in exchange for shortening the time between the film’s theatrical and online release, Warner Bros. may make a payment to theater owners, the people said.

Theaters aren’t the only one who’ve opposed at-home releases. Many filmmakers prefer to see their work on the big screen, and actors often get paid bonuses based on a film’s financial performance in theaters. But Warner Bros.’ fellow studios have already solved that. Walt Disney Co., once the biggest opponent of online movies, has released “Hamilton” and “Mulan” for viewers at home.