• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 2 directed by Patty Jenkins (11/1/19)
3 3

1,313 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

Well to be fair, I don't think anyone saw Ghostbusters. 

I do hope she did her homework prior to casting Wiig, but with Emma Stone reportedly having been the first choice, I'm not terribly confident that this role is going to the best woman for the job. 

I did... For the love of puppies, I really did. I sat there hating every minute and just carried on watching, right up to that dance scene at the end  :facepalm:

Emma Stone would've been great. Going back to Wiig, I suppose we should give her the benefit of the doubt. I despised the casting choice of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman but she surprised me.

According to Variety, actor Pedro Pascal has joined the cast of the Gal Gadot-led superhero flick. The publication said that Pascal will have a key role in the film, but the identity of his character is currently unknown.

Pascal made his mark as Oberyn Martell on the fourth season of Game of Thrones, then would go on to star as Javier Peña in Netflix’s Narcos. Pascal was last seen on the big screen last year in Matthew Vaughn’s Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

With the addition of Pascal and Kristen Wiig as Cheetah, the Patty Jenkins-directed sequel is really shaping up to be something special. As the production start date gets closer, we’ll have more for you!

Wonder Woman 2 hits theaters on November 1, 2019.

He was outstanding in Game of Thrones and Kingsman 2. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

WHOA!

Pedro Pascal just joined Gal Gadot, Kristen Wiig, Chris Pine and others in the Wonder Woman sequel. I’ve always wondered what role he could play in the MCU or the DCU. So when I found out he was cast by Patty Jenkins my mind went bonkers. And then I immediately thought of Pedro Pascal as Sebastian Ballesteros, a.k.a. the fourth Cheetah.

Pedro Pascal rocks as an actor. His charisma is evident in everything he does, whether on the big or the small screen. The fact that he’s bilingual as well is a major plus for Hollywood. His name is hot right now and it was only a matter of time until he was snagged up as a superhero…but in this case I think he’s a supervillain.

140zxuo.jpg?w=650&ssl=1

Remember when I mentioned Pedro Pascal was bilingual? How convenient is it that the Wonder Woman canon happens to have an Argentinean tycoon that has ties to Barbara Minerva. Hmmm…

Cheetah_Sebastian_Ballesteros_001.jpg?w=

Actors Kristen Wiig and Pedro Pascal were recently announced to be joining Gal Gadot for the highly anticipated sequel, but a new rumor suggests there's one popular actor being eyed for a key role. On the latest episode of Meet the Movie Press, Jeff Sneider suggested that Riz Ahmed is being considered to be added to the cast.

"I would imagine that Pedro Pascal is playing someone who's maybe a villain of some kind… I guess you never know," said Sneider. "From what I understood, there were two decently sized male roles for Wonder Woman II, and one was a slippery conman type and the other was an opposing business man… I heard they were looking at Riz Ahmed for that role."

Sneider goes on to add that he's not sure how Ahmed would participate in both films as he's also playing a conniving business man in Venom, which is scheduled to premiere in theaters this year.

WONDER WOMAN 2: Upcoming Sequel Will Have Select Sequences Shot With IMAX Film Cameras

During a recent IMAX earnings call, just now starting to make the rounds on the internet, it was revealed that director Patty Jenkins will be shooting a portion of the upcoming sequel with IMAX cameras. 

IMAX exec Greg Foster revealed:

“I’m excited to announce that Wonder Woman 2, which comes out in the second half of 2019, will be shot with IMAX film cameras in select sequences. This Warner Brothers DC production, the sequel of the global juggernaut from 2017, is directed by Patti Jenkins and produced by Chuck Roven and Rebecca Oakley Roven. And we couldn’t be more excited that IMAX has been chosen to be a part of the film’s design.”

Although Wonder Woman was released in IMAX 3D format, it wasn't actually filmed in IMAX.

CinemaCon Day 2 Recap - Warner Bros. WONDER WOMAN 2

The final portion of the DC Films sizzle reel featured Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot teasing their upcoming Wonder Woman sequel and while it did seem for a moment that we were going to get an official title card, it looks like they are going to keep that under wraps until it actually begins production this summer.

Jenkins did confirm that the movie will take us to the '80s where we'll reunite with Diana as a seasoned super-heroine, who now has plenty of wins under her golden belt. They didn't give us any concept art, but we did see some comic book art of Cheetah (Kristen Wiig), who will be the villain of the piece.

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

Nah, just creepy.

Creepy because the guy's job was to determine who best to cast in the role, and he had to base it on looks and potential?

(shrug)

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Creepy because the guy's job was to determine who best to cast in the role, and he had to base it on looks and potential?

(shrug)

You either get the creepy stalker vibe from that Tweet, or you don’t. 

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

You either get the creepy stalker vibe from that Tweet, or you don’t. 

Or you see it as someone still proud of the decision he made, and celebrating the success that came from this.

I don't see anything creepy with him posting these various pictures. He posted a Jason Momoa picture as well. I didn't see that as him creeping on Momoa.