• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of Spawn 1 UPC variant?

231 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Interesting.

Sales of newsstand copies of Spawn #2 - #4 have been moving up lately.  Do you know if they differentiate those issues also?

No separation in GPA for Spawn #2 - #4.

On 7/29/2017 at 0:19 PM, newshane said:

Looks like the last sale of 9.9 was $899 in July. Previous sale was in April for $800.

And it looks like two people got a very, very good deal earlier this year at $400 and $300!

A 9.9 broke the $1000 mark back in 2015.

Just sold my 9.9 for $1745.00 tonight. :golfclap:

7 minutes ago, Ovrclck said:

Just sold my 9.9 for $1745.00 tonight. :golfclap:

As an owner of a 9.9 copy...that's great news! :whee:

And congrats on the sale!

Edited by newshane

1 minute ago, Ovrclck said:

Thanks! The bar has been set for you guys. :banana:

I'll never sell mine unless I'm lucky enough to upgrade somehow.

38 minutes ago, kimik said:

Nice books.

I have to dig through my Image boxes to see how many newsstand copies I have. My worry is that I dumped a bunch of them in a sale of back stock to my LCS last year. doh!

Thanks. I only have a couple of other newsstand books in my collection, the one and only Wolverine i own is newsstand59b2b333e2b71_wolverinens.jpg.ec6e3e00c263e82d3d60864ded344b24.jpg

A few of mine I have collected so far. Have a few >100 issues as well but haven't gotten to them yet.

Honestly it is just a fun hunt for me as a Spawn collector. I honestly didn't know anyone else cared until te 1:100 rumor surfaced. But even with that head start I am lagging.

Screenshot_2017-09-20-03-25-39-1.png

Screenshot_2017-09-20-03-25-57-1.png

4 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I never see spawn newstands but I randomly find other image newstands in dollar bins, do you think they will move up in price eventually?

They already are, in high grade at least.  

36 minutes ago, Carl Elvis said:

This isn’t mine, but it is for sale.

I’m considering getting it because the lack of black gave this error a unique look than what I’ve seen.

Thoughts on a fair price?

D08D3DED-6E71-437E-9037-CA53554C7A86.jpeg

Wasn't there a printing error thread a while back that stated these kinds of books got the "qualified" label treatment? don't want to sound alarms, but I could've sworn that was the case because that turned me off from buying several...

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wasn't there a printing error thread a while back that stated these kinds of books got the "qualified" label treatment? don't want to sound alarms, but I could've sworn that was the case because that turned me off from buying several...

I could be wrong but I thought that was the consensus in these threads, hope I'm wrong :wishluck: @Carl Elvis 

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have two, CGC graded books with printing errors in Blue Labels. Here is one.........................

CaptainMarvel#26.jpg

@Marwood & I

Could you help with this?

The Spawn 1 shown upward is missing black ink does that equal the dreaded green label

Just now, Bomber-Bob said:

I have two, CGC graded books with printing errors in Blue Labels. Here is one.........................

I started looking at the threads, it seems only certain manufacturing errors get the qualified treatment..... such as an X-men cover on a Spidey book etc or pages out of order get qualified...

It's also hard to identify in those threads, as many of the pictures are missing due to Photobucket .... kicking the bucket..

@Carl Elvis  I could have been wrong, which is why I didn't want to "sound alarms", just wanted to double check since you were asking for thoughts.... :foryou:

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Marwood & I

Could you help with this?

The Spawn 1 shown upward is missing black ink does that equal the dreaded green label

Hi Mark,

I'm not aware of any hard and fast rule applied by CGC in these cases. In my anecdotal experience, having collected around 100 printing errors back in the day, comics with the wrong interior get green qualified labels - and rightly so in my view as the wrong interior is a material error. Who would want an IH #181 with a Captain Marvel #35 interior? I suspect no one.

With ink related errors - missing colours / reduced black etc - CGC are inconsistent, as I have seen blue and green labels. Take these two examples:

The widely known FF #110 gets a blue label with the wording "Green Printing Error":

cgc1.PNG.4506a476f7882b26b6f88155f7c710b2.PNG

This arguably less noticeable X-Men #121 error gets a qualified label with the wording "Manufactured With Uneven Black Ink"

cgc2.thumb.PNG.8ecc9e9997c61e3439a0663726578020.PNG

So if there is a rule, CGC themselves don't apply it consistently. 

I think ink related production issues should be blue labels, with a note on the label as per the FF #110 above. 

2 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Hi Mark,

I'm not aware of any hard and fast rule applied by CGC in these cases. In my anecdotal experience, having collected around 100 printing errors back in the day, comics with the wrong interior get green qualified labels - and rightly so in my view as the wrong interior is a material error. Who would want an IH #181 with a Captain Marvel #35 interior? I suspect no one.

With ink related errors - missing colours / reduced black etc - CGC are inconsistent, as I have seen blue and green labels. Take these two examples:

The widely known FF #110 gets a blue label with the wording "Green Printing Error":

cgc1.PNG.4506a476f7882b26b6f88155f7c710b2.PNG

This arguably less noticeable X-Men #121 error gets a qualified label with the wording "Manufactured With Uneven Black Ink"

cgc2.thumb.PNG.8ecc9e9997c61e3439a0663726578020.PNG

So if there is a rule, CGC themselves don't apply it consistently. 

I think ink related production issues should be blue labels, with a note on the label as per the FF #110 above. 

lolI knew I wasn't making things up, but was uneducated and felt bad interjecting. Live and Learn. And thanks marwood and I