• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grail completed by Crom!

30 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Awesome!  I love run collectors.  :applause:

Sometimes I wonder if it's a curse... lol

7 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Awesome!  I love run collectors.  :applause:

The first extensive run I put together was Conan 1 to 100, back when I started collecting in the late 70s.

I never completed the entire series, so congrats on taking it much, much further than I ever did.

Although BWS tends to get the most praise here, John Buscema did some tremendous work on the title and also on Savage Sword of Conan, and to me is just as significant to the character.

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

Well, it only took 37 years but I have completed my run of Conan the Barbarian from #1 to #275 plus all the Annuals. It's hard to believe the journey has been 37 years. I was 14 when I encountered the books and comics. I'm sure part of the influence was my new fascination with D&D and having read LOTR.

Today, while in Naperville, I acquired the final 3 pieces of the puzzle. (all late Annuals) Now, I have a few issues I want to upgrade but, similar to my JLA run a few years back, I have the set.

On a side note, I also filled in 2 holes of my X-Men run this week. I now have #94 to #310, even though most of the issues past the 180's were past my young collecting days with X-Men and told hold any nostalgia for me. Doubt I will ever complete #1 - #93 but I am almost 1/2 way there.

Thanks for letting me share.

You mention the annuals, but do you have the Giant-Size Conan #s 1-5 also? What about the Savage Sword of Conan run? Not to mention Savage Tales 1-5. Any plans to go after those now?

Congrats!

As a kid, I started buying off the newsstand with about issue 20.  I remember Savage Tales #2 being on the stands, but for some reason I didn't buy those fresh.  I did start with Savage Sword 1 (multiples) and Giant-Size Conan (multiples).

Around 1989, I got rid of Savage Sword 21-up at my local comic shop due to space concerns, and figuring all the stories were the same anyway.  Around 1995ish I got rid of Conan #25 - up, Annuals and all the King Conan, selling to a coworker who wanted them for a birthday present for her Conan-crazy kid.

Over the past 10-12 years I've upgraded several issues of my Conan 1-24 run, but somehow lost my main collection of 1-24 from way back.  I'm sure I stuffed them into a partially-filled short box somewhere to fill it up.  So I've got about eight upgrades to feed in once I find the main bunch.  I'd also like to upgrade my issue #4, which is only a 9.0.

I've still got the newsstand Savage Sword 1-20, the collected Savage Tales 1-12, newsstand Giant-Size 1-4, Chamber of Darkness #4, and some other straggling stuff.

16 hours ago, Comicdave said:

You mention the annuals, but do you have the Giant-Size Conan #s 1-5 also? What about the Savage Sword of Conan run? Not to mention Savage Tales 1-5. Any plans to go after those now?

Yeah, I have the Giant Size. No strong desire for Savage Sword but maybe Savage Tales. I will take some time to savor.., lol