• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A very happy 90th birthday to Lamont Larson!

28 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, nearmint said:

Mark Haspel brought a small stack of affordable raw Larson books.  I can't remember if he asked Lamont to sign them or not.  I do remember that at one point Mark or Steve Borock had the idea of having Lamont sign one of the books, have it slabbed as a sig series, and mail it to Lamont as a reminder of his collection and our dinner together.

Assuming the book did in fact get slabbed and shipped to Lamont, and I have every reason to think it did, it's likely that the only owner of a Larson sig series is Lamont Larson!

That is so cool!

Jon Berk also gave Lamont several affordable Larsons, so he should have a couple more.

Larson is my favorite pedigree, despite their occasional flaws - the man behind the books still being around today only enhances the experience... Happy Birthday, Lamont!

Happy Birthday Lamont!

Hard to believe that the first Larson I saw and bought was in 1976, over forty years ago. Mr. Larson must have been in his late forties when he sold his collection.

daring5.jpg

6 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Happy Birthday Lamont!

Hard to believe that the first Larson I saw and bought was in 1976, over forty years ago. Mr. Larson must have been in his late forties when he sold his collection.

daring5.jpg

I think his mom did it...