• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most remote place you have bought from or sold an item to a buyer

38 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Canadians are so easy-going that they are totally forgettable.  Except for greggy.  And they take abuse real well.  Except for greggy.  I've shipped stuff to Canada somewhere between two to 200+ times.  Or more.  But two times to greggy..., for sure. :cool:

(shrug)

1 minute ago, greggy said:
23 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Canadians are so easy-going that they are totally forgettable.  Except for greggy.  And they take abuse real well.  Except for greggy.  I've shipped stuff to Canada somewhere between two to 200+ times.  Or more.  But two times to greggy..., for sure. :cool:

(shrug)

I'm still stinging from my eBay beatings over a decade ago.  action-smiley-073.gif

It's not negative. (shrug)

Just now, lizards2 said:

I'm still stinging from my eBay beatings over a decade ago.  action-smiley-073.gif

What eBay beatings?

When I crushed you when you wanted to buy from bobcat enterprises?

2 minutes ago, greggy said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

What eBay beatings?

When I crushed you when you wanted to buy from bobcat enterprises?

facepalm%201.gif

21 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I bought some books in a hotel room, felt like I was doing a drug deal.lol

i've done other less-savory things in a hotel room.  That being said....,

you pervert. :foryou:

7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I had a buyer in Ireland who would buy from me routinely on the Coral years ago. Always wondered what happened to him. I tried to talk him into coming here. 

Fun story years ago I sold some comics to a guy in Hawaii. We hit it off from emails and I asked him to find me some See Suckers in Hawaii for a co-worker who grew up in Hawaii and misses them. (This was 10 years ago.) He not only shipped the suckers to me, but shipped each one of us a Hawaiian pineapple. My postal clerk had a fit.  I honestly didn't believe him when he told me he shipped, but I paid him none the less for them.  They were the best tasting pineapples I have ever had. My co-workers in the parking lot couldn't believe I carried in 8 pineapples. True story such a great memory.

It was the Coral.  I remember you there, I didn't think anyone remembered that place though.  I loved that guy.  He purchased all my runs after I read them.  I miss that place.

I have a regular customer in Western Australia. He gangs up seven books at a time to save a little on postage. I have shipped items to Mozambique and Nepal, which was a little odd.

I bought the Finnish black and white variant of Hulk 377 (not this one, just an example) from a guy in northern Finland going through the Finnish equivalent of Craigslist. The entire transaction was conducted through google translate.

Edited by FlyingDonut

Back in way early days of eBay I bought an almost complete lot of Werewolf by Night from a guy in Canada. Apparently it was not border Canada but Canada Canada. I seriously forgot about it and like 4 months later it arrived. 

I sold a rare Nerf gun to a buyer in Singapore. There is apparently a good collector base for Nerf there - not sure how large, but they are open the people spending bigger money on the hard to find stuff. 

A like new Speak N Spell went to a TV network Exec. in Israel. When this happened (not sure if still the case) paypal wasn't available there so he paid via Western Union transfer. I used to accept Money Orders all the time WAY back in the day before I got into comics, but that's the only time I've ever accepted WU. 

Awesome thread, BTW.

I've sold car parts to people in NZ and Australia and I sold a DD #1 1.8 to a guy in Thailand.  Guy used to be on the board, Mr. 1.8 (I think was his name), and had some tracking issues.  Thought it was going to end up lost, but, everything worked out in the end.  Saw he sold it a year or so ago and the new buyer had it up on E-Bay.

Haven't sold a lot but bought some.

Surprisingly, I've dealt a lot with folk from Australia. Easy to deal with and not that far away.

Two REMOTE pickups. I was staying in a "Guest House" hotel in Shigatsu Tibet. Yes, the Autonomous People's Republic of Tibet, in 1992. There was a bootleg/reprint copy of a number of Creepy/Eerie stories, same art as the originals but all dialogue replaced with Chinese -script. No idea what the hell that was all about.

The other was a pickup in Nepal in 1983. It's an Indian B&W comic in Hindi - but one doesn't need to read Hindi to know what was going on.

It's all about a cow that craps pure gold. I kid you not. This one I am pretty sure was a local production aimed at the sub-continental market. :wink:

I've bought and shipped all over the world. Probably most remote place for me would be the Canary Islands. I had to look them up to see if they were covered by Paypal and I learned they are since they are considered part of Spain. Furthest place would have to be Australia. One thing I also like to collect is Australian Lunar Coins.