• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All the Overstreet Top 20 Silver Age Lists
1 1

93 posts in this topic

Since it was published in 1954, Jimmy Olsen wouldn't qualify as silver age in many people's eyes now.

Also, I know the first several guides didn't even have silver age lists, so you'd have to look up some of the obvious contenders and compile an unofficial list thus. The earliest vintage guide I have handy right now doesn't even have a golden age breakdown of individual issues: instead, it lists top 100 titles only. The color section features a ridiculous onslaught of hallowed keys though!

11 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Since it was published in 1954, Jimmy Olsen wouldn't qualify as silver age in many people's eyes now.

Also, I know the first several guides didn't even have silver age lists, so you'd have to look up some of the obvious contenders and compile an unofficial list thus. The earliest vintage guide I have handy right now doesn't even have a golden age breakdown of individual issues: instead, it lists top 100 titles only. The color section features a ridiculous onslaught of hallowed keys though!

Which guide are you talking about?  I'd like to take it off the list.  Thanks for the info.

It could be #10, from 1980. Fits the description, but I don't have all the early ones. 

Oops; misread his post. #10 does breakdown GA individual issues. Sorry.

Nothin' to see here, folks. Move along.

Edited by KirbyJack
stupidity

On 7/3/2017 at 0:11 PM, Tbone911t said:

2015-2016 Overstreet #45 Top 20 Silver Age List 2015-2016

1. Amazing Fantasy #15 240k

2. Incredible Hulk #1 150k

3. Fantastic Four #1 120k

4. Showcase #4 80k

5. Amazing Spider-Man #1 60k

6. Journey into Mystery #83 60k

7. Brave and the Bold #28 60k

8. X-Men #1 44k

9. Tales of Suspense #39 42k

10. Tales to Astonish #27 40k

11. Showcase #22 34k

12. Avengers #1 33k

13. Flash #105 23k

13. Justice League of America #1 22k

15. Showcase #8 19.5k

16. Adventure Comics #247 19k

17. Fantastic Four #5 18.5k

18. Our Army at War #83 18k

19. Green Lantern #1 16k

20. Strange Tales #110 15k

2015-2016 Overstreet #45 Top 20 Silver Age List 2015-2016

Cats outta the bag with those prices.

2 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

Which guide are you talking about?  I'd like to take it off the list.  Thanks for the info.

Sorry, I was referencing no. 6, but I don't think any of the Overstreets before that carry the silver age data broken down. I will look at some of the early guides I have in the coming days and see which boasts the first silver age list. I know 9 and 10 do, but I don't have #s 7 or 8 handy.

Edited by PopKulture

2 hours ago, H0RR0RSH0W said:

Does anybody have a release date for this years guide?

According to this Ebay pre-order listing, it comes off the press July 19, 2017.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OVERSTREET-Comic-Book-Price-Guide-2017-18-47-BATMAN-Paperback-/152574409621?hash=item238624bb95:g:OD4AAOSwi7RZNZIB

Edited by jharvey

Not sure this has been covered and I think it relates to DC silver age (pre 1960) more than the Marvel keys is that some of the DC stuff is that rare that sales of the high grade don't show up often. So when they do the guide will jump.  I think this was the case with some DC silver keys somewhat and maybe the pointy end of Marvel. The guide will take its biggest jumps and corrections when the high grade books at 9.2 or near 9.2 actually sell, and like Action 1, Dect 27 a lot of those sales are years apart and not all are recorded.

I'm just going to say it, because I think plenty of people are thinking it.

Clearly a number of these increases (or rarely decreases) are finger in the wind. There's periods where the growth is just astonishing, and then periods of virtual stagnation. Looking over these images 25-50% of growth for years at a time? Hogwash.

Now don't get me wrong, this is excellent for old collectors, but I now have a better grasp on why some of the even more minor books are fetching $5K+ in 9.2 and above. It's crazy to see the movement on a number of these books. As well as the appearances of books such as Adventure Comics #210, Big Boy, and Richie Rich, etc.