• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Drek thats heating up on eBay
2 2

146 posts in this topic

It is finally upon us... 90's card dealers predicted it some 25 years ago and it has finally arrived:

Modern Drek's payback time

You know Drek, the bstard son of Image, Valiant, Marvel and DC. Well it looks like hes all grown up now and he's marching in with a vengeance.

But the big question is...

DID YOU PREPARE FOR HIS ARRIVAL?

Did you stock up heavily on such titles as Shadowman 8Spider Man 1 Gold reprint or even Spawn Batman ?

Or maybe you preferred to just hold on to the NUMEROUS 1:100 newsstand variants of Spawn #1? (its called a joke ok????)

No no no.. In this thread, were not gonna speculate on print runs, scarcity, or collection preferences. We all know Drek doesnt posses those qualities

Were only gonna talk about

Modern Drek thats heating up!

For a book to apply, one has to have at least 4-5 sales in the $10 average. A $20 sale makes said drek - uber drek. And anything $50 and above gets a No Drek prize which I will reward to the notifier here on the forms. (its really nice I promise). BUT, it HAS to be Drek!! 

Speculation on upcoming heating Drek is, as always, very welcome here

Edited by Aweandlorder

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

Speculation on upcoming heating Drek is, as always, very welcome here

We're coming up on 25 years of Comics' Greatest World, Milestone, Ultraverse, and all of those other universes from the '90s. I wouldn't necessarily call all of that "drek," but it was certainly mass-produced and gobbled up by speculators.

Spiderman 13 has hit the hot drek standard and is knocking on the glorified uber drek level!  Quite a few $10 - $18 sales in June.

<https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=spiderman 13 nm&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684>

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Spiderman 13 has hit the hot drek standard and is knocking on the glorified uber drek level!  Quite a few $10 - $18 sales in June.

<https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=spiderman 13 nm&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684>

:golfclap:

Ive narrowed the search with criteria corresponding prices

Spiderman 13

Wake me up when someone cares about Malibu comics again. If someone pays cash for Lord Pumpkin or Mantra, I'll officially join the "end times" bandwagon.

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Wake me up when someone cares about Malibu comics again. If someone pays cash for Mantra, I'll officially join the "end times" bandwagon.

Heard a rumor that DC's (substandard) Impact Line circa 1993(?) getting some demand :wishluck: now as some of Joe Quesada's earliest work and part of the Rule of 25 that will hit 'end of times' in 2018.

6 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Wake me up when someone cares about Malibu comics again. If someone pays cash for Lord Pumpkin or Mantra, I'll officially join the "end times" bandwagon.

That's funny. i bought a folder full of promo posters this weekend at the flea market and there was a signed Lord Pumpkin 0 in there.

17 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

That's funny. i bought a folder full of promo posters this weekend at the flea market and there was a signed Lord Pumpkin 0 in there.

Could be an omen! Invest in Lord Pumpkin futures now!

23 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:38 PM, Aweandlorder said:

:golfclap:

Ive narrowed the search with criteria corresponding prices

Spiderman 13

:shy: Mine was the $14.95 plus $4.00 shipping for a NM copy.

That book pulls even better money slabbed. I used to have a standing order from a buyer for ever NM+ copy I find. I was pretty sure he is slabbing them and I don't care. He makes money I make money everyone is happy. :acclaim:

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

When is Superman #75 going to start selling?

don't worry, as soon as Superman gets killed by Doomsday in a GOOD MOVIE, the price will skyrocket.  Just keep hoarding them.

15 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Lethal Protector #1, Batman Spawn #1, spider man unlimited #1.. All 5-10$ books for me in the past month.. Fast cash since I have multiples and they sell quick 

Agreed on LP and Bats/Spawn, but I can't seem to give away the Spider-Man Unlimited. Hrm. hm

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Probably never.  Hot drek books right now have cool covers and Sups 75 definitely was not a stunner. 

35 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Probably never.  Hot drek books right now have cool covers and Sups 75 definitely was not a stunner. 

There are "flavors" for Superman #75.  The platinum has always had value and has never been drek, but there are books like Superman #75 fourth printing with a UPC barcode (newsstand) which are pretty unusual and generally considered "drek".  I could see that particular flavor being in demand (maybe $5 to $15, not $150 or anything crazy).

Edited by valiantman

5 hours ago, valiantman said:

There are "flavors" for Superman #75.  The platinum has always had value and has never been drek, but there are books like Superman #75 fourth printing with a UPC barcode (newsstand) which are pretty unusual and generally considered "drek".  I could see that particular flavor being in demand (maybe $5 to $15, not $150 or anything crazy).

Good point. I was just asking about 3rd prints...for a friend

IMG_4741.JPG

Edited by ygogolak

21 hours ago, comxdlr said:

Or Continuity Comics like CrazyMan!

612625-crazyman___no.1__1992.jpg

Oy, Continuity. Yup, that fits the bill.