• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Drek thats heating up on eBay
2 2

146 posts in this topic

Modern age issues of Spawn with barcodes on the cover (#1-#137) are moving for more than "drek" prices... nothing to get rich, but definitely worth asking for more than $2 each.  They're some of the easiest newsstands to identify, since direct editions don't have barcodes at all.  You can check from the tiny pictures on the auctions. 

Other Modern age newsstands require checking for long and short barcodes (long=direct, short=newsstand).

Edited by valiantman

I used to volunteer my time to a comic store when I was 17, The comic store's owner worked at a newspaper company delivering newspapers by truck. He said to his father, "I can get any magazine you want"  He brought in multiple copies of Spawn 1 to sell in his dad's comic store and marked them 50% off cover "Because they had bar codes on them"  I was 17 and broke as a joke at the time  haha   

Edited by Kevin76

5 hours ago, JTLarsen said:

Mark Waid --script. Adam Hughes cover. Decades-old super-team. Yuh. Drek.

Legionnaires is definitely one of those worthless titles that you can barely even give away.

12 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

This has everything to do with that:

https://comicbookinvest.com/2017/08/22/variant-heat-check-for-82217/

The dedicated Adam Hughes dollar bin pump and dump site.  

-J.

As a dedicated Hughes and LoSH collector, I have picked up a bunch of the regular cover out of boxes over the years, but I don't think I've ever run across the DCU variant. And there's no way I'm paying a premium for it, as I'm sure there are more of these in bargain boxes I just haven't found yet.

54 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Article posted 8/22/17.

8/20/17 - $38

8/13/17 - $30

hm

The $38 dollar "sale" from 8/20/17 was re-listed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legionnaires-16-RARE-DCU-Adam-Hughes-DC-Universe-Variant-Comic-Book-/232447130370?hash=item361eedbb02:g:OOgAAOSwRypZkNB5

I guess that's what you have to do when your shill account "wins" the auction...

And it's just a little too easy when you think about it, what these CBSI guys do.

Step 1:  Select easy to find, readily available dollar bin drek- bonus points if it's Adam Hughes.

Step 2:  Use one eBay account to "BIN" or run up the auction on exactly 1-2 listings.  

Step 3:  Go on to your Google+ group and post those two "sales", how "rare" or "hard to find" it is, and "good luck finding a copy".

Step 4:  The sheep from the Google+ group do just that, go to eBay and buy the lowest priced copies they can find, thus creating the illusion that the book is "heating up".

Step 5:  One of the site's owners post an article on the main site that the "variant" is "hot". And if they get questioned on their utilised data points or methodology, they innocently proclaim " well we're just reporting the sales that we see".

Yeah, sure.

Can't tell you how many times the "hot" books they have featured, the one or two sales that they use to tell you a book is "hot", if you just take two minutes and look, most of the time they were shilled.   

I used to think otherwise but I find no credibility with that site.  They do have some interesting articles from time to time, but the other half of the time they are pump and dump scam artists and it's obvious.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

6 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

hm

The $38 dollar "sale" from 8/20/17 was re-listed.  I guess that's what you have to do when your shill account "wins" the auction...

And it's just a little too easy when you think about it, what these CBSI guys do.

Step 1:  Select easy to find, readily available dollar bin drek- bonus points if it's Adam Hughes.

Step 2:  Use one eBay account to "BIN" or run up the auction on exactly 1-2 listings.  

Step 3:  Go on to your Google+ group and post those two "sales", how "rare" or "hard to find" it is, and "good luck finding a copy".

Step 4:  The sheep from the Google+ group do just that, go to eBay and buy the lowest priced copies they can find, thus creating the illusion that the book is "heating up".

Step 5:  One of the site's owners post an article on the main site that the "variant" is "hot". And if they get called out on it they attempt to innocently proclaim " well we're just reporting the sales that we see".

Yeah, sure.

Can't tell you how many times the "hot" books they have featured, the one or two sales that they use to tell you a book is "hot", if you just take two minutes and look, most of the time they were shilled.   

I used to think otherwise but I find no credibility with that site.  They do have some interesting articles from time to time, but the other half of the time they are pump and dump scam artists and it's obvious.

-J.

:facepalm:

Edited by ygogolak

6 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Bidding has ended on this item. The seller has relisted this item or one like this

See that part, "one like this"? The new one has a big ding on the top corner.

$38

New listing

Meh.  Can't really see the difference on my smart phone.  The first auction was still shilled and my points stand regardless.  

-J.