• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Drek thats heating up on eBay
2 2

146 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

Meh.  Can't really see the difference on my smart phone.  The first auction was still shilled and my points stand regardless.  

-J.

Convenient.

c***1(1038)$38.0020 Aug 2017 at 3:23:07PM PDT 

Bid activity (%) with this seller: s.gif10% s.gif

1***u(1306)$29.0020 Aug 2017 at 3:23:08PM PDT

Bid activity (%) with this seller: s.gif13% s.gif

z***w(658)$37.0020 Aug 2017 at 3:23:07PM PDT

Bid activity (%) with this seller: s.gif2% s.gif

1***u(1306)$25.0020 Aug 2017 at 3:22:47PM PDT

e***_(771)$20.5014 Aug 2017 at 9:14:01AM PDT

Bid activity (%) with this seller: s.gif11% s.gif

1***u(1306)$17.0020 Aug 2017 at 7:39:41AM PDT

Highest bidder has 13% activity with the seller.

You have no leg to stand on with this case and your inflammatory remarks hold not truths.

11 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Convenient.

You have no leg to stand on with this case and your inflammatory remarks hold not truths.

That's just one (and one of the easiest) ways to spot a shilled auction.  

But there are others. 

I stand by my points.  (Not that the shilling of that auction actually affects my original points one way or the other).

And again, nothing personal. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

11 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I win an auction or two every month, so I suppose my bidding history is ALWAYS a shill.  Either 50% or 100% of my bids are with that seller.

According to JDR, yes. You're a shill bidder.

Don't worry about me providing any type of proof. Apparently that's how your supposed to do it.

Love/Hate feeling on that Legionnaires #16. Love? All about the DCU Box. Hate? Worst cover I've seen done by Hughes. It really is ugly and probably one of the worst DCU ones at that. lol

But.........can't hate on the game. Make that money playa's.

Edited by WhatMeWorry
spelling

1 hour ago, WhatMeWorry said:

Love/Hate feeling on that Legionnaires #16. Love? All about the DCU Box. Hate? Worst cover I've seen done by Hughes. It really is ugly and probably one of the worst DCU ones at that. lol

I think most people forget that... this cover is from the 90s!!

His art hasn't changed much since then. The only thing that changed was the paint/color process. Anyone here w photoshop knowledge and a b&w rendering of that cover can remix it to be what we're all used to see from Hughes today. The art is the same. His girls are the same. The butt/b**bs are the same. It's just the painting renderings that have changed 

Edited by Aweandlorder

1 hour ago, WhatMeWorry said:

A lot of the DCU are awful, this ain't that bad

check out flash or steel or guy Gardner dcu

way way worse

the best are early green lantern and bolland Wonder Woman, maybe animaniacs

or anything mignola 

9 hours ago, valiantman said:

I win an auction or two every month, so I suppose my bidding history is ALWAYS a shill.  Either 50% or 100% of my bids are with that seller.

Same as me, I only buy from one or two sellers.B|

On 8/28/2017 at 10:47 AM, Jaydogrules said:

hm

The $38 dollar "sale" from 8/20/17 was re-listed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legionnaires-16-RARE-DCU-Adam-Hughes-DC-Universe-Variant-Comic-Book-/232447130370?hash=item361eedbb02:g:OOgAAOSwRypZkNB5

I guess that's what you have to do when your shill account "wins" the auction...

And it's just a little too easy when you think about it, what these CBSI guys do.

Step 1:  Select easy to find, readily available dollar bin drek- bonus points if it's Adam Hughes.

Step 2:  Use one eBay account to "BIN" or run up the auction on exactly 1-2 listings.  

Step 3:  Go on to your Google+ group and post those two "sales", how "rare" or "hard to find" it is, and "good luck finding a copy".

Step 4:  The sheep from the Google+ group do just that, go to eBay and buy the lowest priced copies they can find, thus creating the illusion that the book is "heating up".

Step 5:  One of the site's owners post an article on the main site that the "variant" is "hot". And if they get questioned on their utilised data points or methodology, they innocently proclaim " well we're just reporting the sales that we see".

Yeah, sure.

Can't tell you how many times the "hot" books they have featured, the one or two sales that they use to tell you a book is "hot", if you just take two minutes and look, most of the time they were shilled.   

I used to think otherwise but I find no credibility with that site.  They do have some interesting articles from time to time, but the other half of the time they are pump and dump scam artists and it's obvious.

-J.

I can see how it looks like that. There are 9 different sales from 9 unique sellers. Most of them are around $20 with a couple in the $40-$50 range. 

If this is a malicious pump and dump perpetrated by a few individuals, it seems like a huge waste of time. With the amount of planning and research it took to write that article, the pay off seems to be very little for any one individual. It's not that common of a book to hoard multiple NM copies and cash in. 

I think it's more likely that they are actual comic fans who enjoy pointing out rare variants. They do have around 3000 followers, so it only takes 9 of them who love Adam Hughes and legitimately want that book. People are lazy. They have more money than time to dig through long boxes, like some of us.

But then again, I could just be naive. Maybe they do spend this much effort to make $20-$30.

1 hour ago, Davidone said:
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:47 AM, Jaydogrules said:

hm

The $38 dollar "sale" from 8/20/17 was re-listed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legionnaires-16-RARE-DCU-Adam-Hughes-DC-Universe-Variant-Comic-Book-/232447130370?hash=item361eedbb02:g:OOgAAOSwRypZkNB5

I guess that's what you have to do when your shill account "wins" the auction...

And it's just a little too easy when you think about it, what these CBSI guys do.

Step 1:  Select easy to find, readily available dollar bin drek- bonus points if it's Adam Hughes.

Step 2:  Use one eBay account to "BIN" or run up the auction on exactly 1-2 listings.  

Step 3:  Go on to your Google+ group and post those two "sales", how "rare" or "hard to find" it is, and "good luck finding a copy".

Step 4:  The sheep from the Google+ group do just that, go to eBay and buy the lowest priced copies they can find, thus creating the illusion that the book is "heating up".

Step 5:  One of the site's owners post an article on the main site that the "variant" is "hot". And if they get questioned on their utilised data points or methodology, they innocently proclaim " well we're just reporting the sales that we see".

Yeah, sure.

Can't tell you how many times the "hot" books they have featured, the one or two sales that they use to tell you a book is "hot", if you just take two minutes and look, most of the time they were shilled.   

I used to think otherwise but I find no credibility with that site.  They do have some interesting articles from time to time, but the other half of the time they are pump and dump scam artists and it's obvious.

-J.

I can see how it looks like that. There are 9 different sales from 9 unique sellers. Most of them are around $20 with a couple in the $40-$50 range. 

If this is a malicious pump and dump perpetrated by a few individuals, it seems like a huge waste of time. With the amount of planning and research it took to write that article, the pay off seems to be very little for any one individual. It's not that common of a book to hoard multiple NM copies and cash in. 

I think it's more likely that they are actual comic fans who enjoy pointing out rare variants. They do have around 3000 followers, so it only takes 9 of them who love Adam Hughes and legitimately want that book. People are lazy. They have more money than time to dig through long boxes, like some of us.

But then again, I could just be naive. Maybe they do spend this much effort to make $20-$30.

could be a bit of both.  But I don't think its all shilling.  But it could be some shills and some legitimate people tricked by the shills.  But I'm not sure what the end game would be.  As it was stated, it was not a book easily hoarded, even by the most nefarious of miscreants.  Seems like a lot of work to pump and dump two or three comics.

On 8/28/2017 at 11:19 AM, valiantman said:

Same here.:preach:

On 8/28/2017 at 11:05 AM, ygogolak said:

Convenient.

Dude's high. :sumo: