• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Drek thats heating up on eBay
2 2

146 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I love that Ghost Rider so much.  #5 was an expensive book for a long time in the 90s. 

What's the reason?  Is it tied to the future GR in Thanos? 

Patrick

I don't think so. I think it's more just people of the character who are going back and building those 90's runs. 

14 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I don't think so. I think it's more just people of the character who are going back and building those 90's runs. 

I agree. There's a big comeback for big copper artists.. Mcfarlane with Spawn 1, Spider-Man 1 gold, Liefeld with x-force, and now Lee with this. I'm pretty sure we'll see Punisher war journal pick up next.. But I highly doubt his X-Men run will ever pick up 

22 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I agree. There's a big comeback for big copper artists.. Mcfarlane with Spawn 1, Spider-Man 1 gold, Liefeld with x-force, and now Lee with this. I'm pretty sure we'll see Punisher war journal pick up next.. But I highly doubt his X-Men run will ever pick up 

Lee didn’t do GR.  It was Saltares, IIRC.:gossip:

Might you be recalling the War Journal 6,7 books that guest starred GR?

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I would guess you're right. My back issue collecting mainly is for first appearances and runs of series I grew up with. I think $25 is pushing it though.

4 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

It already has . . . :shy:

X-Men #4

Edited by divad

On 12/30/2017 at 4:23 PM, fastballspecial said:

You see this a lot on Facebook auctions. I mean don't they have some realization of price? They are selling junk for sometimes 3 to 4x what you get on ebay for it and some insufficiently_thoughtful_person buys it. My hats off the sellers that actually pulls sales like that off, but unless they are actually  paid which apparently isn't happening in some cases then its just that. 

I couldn't even begin to try to sell books like that unless they 9.6 and even then couldn't ask that much for them. An auction is quite another thing and I don't blame the seller on those that just stupid buyers unless shilling is going on which I guess can happen.

I made some great buys via Facebook auctions, but the work to get there is pain a lot of times. I know a few sellers that like that format for me it just isn't that appealing.

It's not modern but during a live Facebook auction last night I saw a Dazzler #1 immediately sell for $15 with at least 3 other people in line behind the buyer. The condition was: "this one looks real nice." And that is $15 before shipping costs.

2 minutes ago, manetteska said:

It's not modern but during a live Facebook auction last night I saw a Dazzler #1 immediately sell for $15 with at least 3 other people in line behind the buyer. The condition was: "this one looks real nice." And that is $15 before shipping costs.

But, but, it's a Dazzler Number One!!!:insane:

52 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Yeah. I see all sorts of stupidity in fb on the regular. Some of these guys LIVE in front of the camera. Seriously they're there all day long just talking to strangers trying to sell drek. 

Btw, I always wondered how much of that is shilled there as well since there's no way to tell who's who. Meaning. I doubt anyone would shill a dazzler 1 but there are a lot of auctions that try getting your attention by listing high end books at .99 cents to start and selling tons of drek along with it

Edited by Aweandlorder

Wonder if that guy still has that stack of Dazzler #1s I passed up on for $1 a piece.  I guess any copper #1 is going to have it's day in the sun.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Wonder if that guy still has that stack of Dazzler #1s I passed up on for $1 a piece.  I guess any copper #1 is going to have it's day in the sun.

The boom was 1993, and 2018 makes those books 25 years old.  It will be interesting to see if the magic 25th birthday is able to overcome the highest print runs (and survival rates) in comic history.

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Yes, along with a short box of water logged New Mutants Annual #2 for $30 each.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, Aweandlorder said:
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, 500Club said:

Lee didn’t do GR.  It was Saltares, IIRC.:gossip:

Might you be recalling the War Journal 6,7 books that guest starred GR?

And looks like both you and me need to quit the pipe. Punisher war journal was a Jim lee (& c Potts) book. And 6&7 was wolverine not GR lol 

lol

Getting old.  Need to double check what I write.doh!

(although my intention was to note WJ as the Lee book)

On 1/2/2018 at 6:10 PM, Aweandlorder said:

When that book came out it was an 8-10 dollar book. Was such a huge book. Then it just became Uber drek. And now this...

how dows someone goes to spend 25$ on this is beyond me

I have been selling them at $15-20 for NM copies the past couple of years. It has been in higher demand since GR appeared on the POS, sorry AOS, tv show.

Edited by kimik

On 1/5/2018 at 6:35 PM, kimik said:

I have been selling them at $15-20 for NM copies the past couple of years. It has been in higher demand since GR appeared on the POS, sorry AOS, tv show.

doh!  that's not even the same character. If people only opened these things up and see there is a story inside.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

doh!  that's not even the same character. If people only opened these things up and see there is a story inside.

All they care about is that it is a GR #1..........