• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW Chicago Comic Collectors dinner Aug 26th 2017
1 1

98 posts in this topic

It's that time once again for collectors of all things comic to get together and indulge in dinner, drink and dance (okay, maybe not dance).  Saturday August 26th at 8 PM at Gibson's Steakhouse , directly across the street from the convention center,  where, in previous years, attendees were able to meet and talk to such great comic luminaries as:

Neal Adams

Bernie Wrightson

Joe Jusko

Maggie Thompson

Michele Nolan

This is an evening for collectors of comics (new and old), OA, pulps, BLBs to meet and hang out, indulging our inner comic geek.  It's an opportunity for anyone to show off pieces they brought to the dinner from their collection, things they picked up at the con that day, or drool over once-in-a-lifetime books like:

Action 1

Tec 27

Comics from the top GA pedigrees (Church, Larson, San Fran, etc)

Details:  Dinner is Saturday Aug 26th at 8 PM.  It'll be held in the Stephens Room  (also referred to as the Fireplace Room).  Doors will open at 7 PM to allow attendees to get properly liquored up before dinner :acclaim:  It's a cash bar, so don't blow all that money on comics.  The menu consists of the following:

House salad

Center Cut Filet Mignon 10oz

WR Chicago Cut 22oz

Spicy Niman Ranch Pork Chop

Broiled Salmon

Spit Roasted Chicken

Baked Potato

Vegetable Combination Platter

*If you're thinking of attending and you're a vegetarian or have a food allergy, please PM me so I can pass that information along to Gibsons*

The cost is $90 per person. It's quite a bit of money, I understand, but you're getting Flintstones-sized cuts of beef, an opportunity to see and talk to comic book icons, and meet fellow collectors   

Payment can be done via Paypal 

Feel free to PM me with any questions

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones at this year's dinner

List of people attending the dinner

TheWatcher 

greggy

joeypost 

Logan510 + Emily 

CentaurMan

Pedigreeman

TheEnabler

143ksk 

comicquant

shaolingoat

Batmanderson

Cat-Man_America + 1

Mysterio 

Monster's Lair Comics 

bcc

Stevemmg

Sharkey 

Filter81 + 2

Edited by TheWatcher
Update attendance list

3 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Oh really?

thF1TQJ870.jpg

You've already said that you were going to stay the Saturday night instead of flying back so you could enjoy the dinner. :p

18 minutes ago, greggy said:

You've already said that you were going to stay the Saturday night instead of flying back so you could enjoy the dinner. :p

Just messing with you. I will be there and maybe put on a demonstration how to crack out CBCS and CGC slabs without drawing blood. 

On 7/4/2017 at 3:42 PM, joeypost said:

Just messing with you. I will be there and maybe put on a demonstration how to crack out slabs without drawing blood. 

Someone please videotape this feat of magic. Seriously.

Edited by Bomber-Bob
Removed the 'bad' word .