• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mile High Leaves SDCC
3 3

211 posts in this topic

I'm sure Chuck doesn't want to lose his deposit from last year.  This is just a huckster gimmick like usual for him.  He hasn't cancelled.

Not sure why there's so much hate for the guy around here.  Jealousy for being the guy who landed the Edgar Church collection maybe ?  I mean, if you don't like his prices you just don't buy his books. 

chuck%20rozanski_zpsl0raliru.jpg

1 minute ago, Senormac said:

Not sure why there's so much hate for the guy around here. 

I think it is due to cumulative negative transactions.  That's what did it for me.

I've never been to the SDCC but I would "still" like to go at least one time for the experience be it good or bad.  I do realize that comic books are now on the back burner now but I would like to go just once to soak it all in.
However, I don't want to have to spend a small fortune to enjoy it either.  $600 a night for a hotel room is freaking OUTRAGEOUS!  I'll do what somebody stated in this thread get a hotel about 20-25 minutes away and pay for a parking pass (of course if you can even get any of this due to the huge demand). 
My focus would be to buy some comics but would check out all the other events going on as well. ....If I ever get the chance and can actually make it out  there.

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

ChuckRozanski-640x360_zpsvjhuey4o.jpg

I love that that's the picture they put under their headline..........."Angry and Sad, Comic-Con Vendor Ends 44-Year Run".  lol

26 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

I've never been to the SDCC but I would "still" like to go at least one time for the experience be it good or bad.  I do realize that comic books are now on the back burner now but I would like to go just once to soak it all in.
However, I don't want to have to spend a small fortune to enjoy it either.  $600 a night for a hotel room is freaking OUTRAGEOUS!  I'll do what somebody stated in this thread get a hotel about 20-25 minutes away and pay for a parking pass (of course if you can even get any of this due to the huge demand). 
My focus would be to buy some comics but would check out all the other events going on as well. ....If I ever get the chance and can actually make it out  there.

it's worth doing just for the sheer scale of pop culture and you will see some great books, there are less dealers going now but they have the goods.  You'll also have the chance to meet quite a few boardies.  

It's been about 10 years since I went but I did it pretty cheap.  Stayed about 10 blocks away in a cheap hotel that didn't have air conditioning.  Walked everywhere.  Went to the con everyday but also toured the aircraft carrier, the zoo, the gas lamp area, etc.  It really is a beautiful city and the show plus the local sites make a great holiday.

18 hours ago, Senormac said:

ChuckRozanski-640x360_zpsvjhuey4o.jpg

17 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

I love that that's the picture they put under their headline..........."Angry and Sad, Comic-Con Vendor Ends 44-Year Run".  lol

Yup.

You have to empathise with the intensity of the pain and frustration there.  Heartbreaking image.

Edited by Ken Aldred

19 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

it's worth doing just for the sheer scale of pop culture and you will see some great books, there are less dealers going now but they have the goods.  You'll also have the chance to meet quite a few boardies.  

It's been about 10 years since I went but I did it pretty cheap.  Stayed about 10 blocks away in a cheap hotel that didn't have air conditioning.  Walked everywhere.  Went to the con everyday but also toured the aircraft carrier, the zoo, the gas lamp area, etc.  It really is a beautiful city and the show plus the local sites make a great holiday.

+1 The King of Comic Cons. The show, the city, the weather and the vibe make it like no other. Every comic book fan should go at least once. This is from a guy that went about 40 times. Problem is, it has just out grown its self and most of what I loved about is fading away. I just can't deal with what it has become any more...