• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mile High Leaves SDCC
3 3

211 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Chuck's mantra: Buy low, sell? never!

I'd think so too but with 180,745 E-Bay feedback (!) and close to 2,000 this month they are definitely selling a ton of books.

On 7/20/2017 at 2:42 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Chuck's 50% SANDIEGO code word is now in effect, even though he's not set up this year. Here is another little tidbit from his latest newsletter:

I will close today's newsletter with an interesting observation about our Jason St. Mega-Store. Almost everyone realizes by now that Jason St. is the largest comic book store in the world, and that the diversity of comics, magazines, graphic novels, trade paperbacks, and comics hardbacks that we offer in that one building supersedes any other spot on earth. But, did you know that Jason St. also buys more comics each day than it sells? Seriously, We buy so many collections at Jason St. ( sometimes a dozen collections in a day!) that we always have more comics in stock at closing than what we had when we unlocked our door that morning. In effect, I have built a perpetual comic book machine! Just some fun food for thought...

God help me, I bought some books using the code. Even with the 50% off, it was hard to beat mycomcship and other prices. My second time in 20+ years of collecting buying from them. First time was okay. I think it just took a really long time to get here.

On 7/21/2017 at 9:16 AM, 1Cool said:

I'd think so too but with 180,745 E-Bay feedback (!) and close to 2,000 this month they are definitely selling a ton of books.

The thought of shipping 2000 dollar books makes me cringe.

32 minutes ago, Pirate said:

The thought of shipping 2000 dollar books makes me cringe.

This is Mile High - their $1 books are $8.99.  And with probably half of people not leaving feedback (lazy bums) that is a lot of sales each month.

14 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

If i asked Milehigh to break a ten dollar bill for me they would probably give me six dollars back in keeping with their business model.......(:!......

In the 90s I remember getting a few of their vouchers, called Chuck Bucks.

Be careful that they don't try to fob you off with six of those.