• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Planet ComiCon Kansas City 2018: February 16-18, 2018

89 posts in this topic

The dates have officially been released! I ran into Chris at Heroes and sadly this was his best option for dates.  Looking forward to the show, but already nervous about the potential impact of the February weather here in Missouri...

Yeah, this was a bit of a shocker.  Even though it rained intermittently during this year's, it was still a lot of fun and weather didn't matter one single bit once you're inside.  Treacherous roads due to snow/ice would be the only thing to keep most people away for those February dates.  2018 is the 20th Anniversary, so I'll be there even if I have to drive down in a sleigh.

2 hours ago, D Stuart said:

Glad to hear that! I know you were on the fence about it.  Are you going to setup at Free State again in October?

I thought my brother would be on the fence, but he is onboard. I'm excited.

Yes, I am planning to set up at Free State and need to get back in touch with Craig. I'll also be at Air Capital in November in Wichita.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:02 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

Did well setting up this year at Planet....would have gone back if it was at the same time next year but will not be making the trip in Feb.

Yeah, I wonder how many vendors will be kept away due to the date change. It is pretty radical to go so much earlier.

Earlier dates AND increased booth prices may be the killer.  I can see weathering one or the other, but to risk more money (even if it's just an extra $25 per) with the greatly increased risk of weather interference is concerning.  I'll be there, but I'm going to have an uneasy feeling until I'm on the floor and the money starts flowing. Like most, I was down last year, but this is our big one for the year in MO and I'll be there to support the show. 

Home Page

Guest list so far:

Celebs

Michael Rooker

Sting

Amy Dumas (WWE)

Jason David Frank

Ryan Hurst

Amy Jo Johnson

Charles Martinet

Sean Schemmel

Mark Sheppard