• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC: Original Art Collectors Dinner Thursday 20th

37 posts in this topic

I will be hosting the annual Original Art Dinner at SDCC on Thursday 20th. It will be at the Harbor House same place as the last few years. Please let me know if you are interested in attending, IM or email me.

Brian

Edited by Brian Peck

One week to go til SDCC and the thursday Original Art Collectors Dinner. So far we have 9 people who will be attending:

Karl-Erik

Sam Hare

Trevor

Dan Merisanu

Jon Mankuta

Bill Johnson

Tatiana Dykes

Mike Diaz

Brian Peck

IM me if anyone else would like to attend, We still have alot of space left.

If you are attending let me know if its just you or if you will will be brining anyone. The dinner is open to wives, husbands, significant others.

On 7/6/2017 at 4:56 PM, Brian Peck said:

I will be hosting the annual Original Art Dinner at SDCC on Thursday 20th. It will be at the Harbor House same place as the last few years. Please let me know if you are interested in attending, IM or email me.

Brian

Is the Harbor House near the convention? What time? Thanks!

West

I am waiting to see if a very unreliable friend will actually be in San Diego...apparently waiting until the last minute to let me know doh!

but if free I will come along, will let you know when I know 

Joe

Unfortunately I have to back out - I had forgotten in the mess of planning that the Conan taping we had tickets for on Thursday was an evening taping.  My wife and I will be there and won't be getting out in time.  Sad to miss this.  Next time!

I couldn't get tickets for the show, but I'm coming down Friday-Sunday to visit with family and maybe stroll around the gaslamp on Saturday. Wouldn't be able to make a Thursday dinner.

Harbor House informs me its entire establishment has been reserved for an event thurs-sat. Changed dinner to to Edge Water Grill same time and date. Its right next door to Harbor House.

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 12.44.11 AM.png

Edited by Brian Peck

Sorry I missed it - didn't make it out Thursday

I managed to acquire a SDCC Saturday badge and will be walking the floor.  I am too old to carry a lot of art but brought a few pages - some I want to sell others not as much but they were handy – maybe I’ll drop them off at an Auction House.  I don’t have scan up of these yet but perhaps I’ll get to it in the AM for the ones I have on my laptop.

That said, if you are interested in the art below – drop me a text  - I'd love to do a trade

I hope this isn't an out of bounds post - I don't have scans of most of these

Low End

Bolton – Man Bat Mini – Page with young woman – 2 panels – Large Painted Art

Buscema, Sal – Hulk 235 p7 – FF on Billboard and Machine Man

Von Eeden, Trevor – Powerman / IF 57 page 6 – Lots of X-men walking in coats

Light End

Bolton – Classic X-Men #20 p23 – The classic new X-men team at Storm’s wedding

Buscema, John – Conan 56 page 7 – Conan, babe and flying monster

Moderate middle

Bissette Totleben – ST 16 p20 Battle page with Mallory

Bolton – Kull Bizarre Adventures 26 page 59 – Climax where Kull chops off villain’s head! – Ink Wash

Esposito – ASM 40 Cover Recreation – Large Art

Frazetta – Lil Abner Public Corps, FF inked from Al Capp pencils – Signed with full classic signature

Sutton Attack 13 cover – child figures are stats – Large Art

Healthy

Bissette Totleben – ST 42 p26 St and Abby with killer close up panel and forest (restored, mild H2O damage right lower edge)

Kubert – OFF 121 Cover – First Heller

Perez – Crisis #12 End Sequence– Pages 39 – 42, 44 (art 34 – 38) Final Sequence, Historic

Edited by mtlevy1
killed phone #