• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC: Original Art Collectors Dinner Thursday 20th

37 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Bobbyusc said:

I had a great time, so did the boys!  I had a great time talking with everyone.  Renewed my passion for OA.  I actually even picked up a piece at the con. 

Thanks again,

Bobby

What did you get?

59 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

Who is the artist on this great wildcats piece?

Cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS

https://www.newsarama.com/34686-wildc-a-t-s-leads-a-ws-return-in-wildstorm-a-celebration-of-25-years-first-look.html

5 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Well don't I feel silly.:insane:  Wildcats by its creator and I didnt even realize it. Incredible how the style has changed over the years.  Would love to see the inked version if Bobby ever gets around to posting it.

5 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

Well don't I feel silly.:insane:  Wildcats by its creator and I didnt even realize it. Incredible how the style has changed over the years.  Would love to see the inked version if Bobby ever gets around to posting it.

Indeed. Do you think it's natural progression when artists styles change dramatically, or a conscious effort to be different?  

Just now, Marwood & I said:

Indeed. Do you think it's natural progression when artists styles change dramatically, or a conscious effort to be different?  

Looking at the link further I wonder if it is Lee?  There is another Lee piece (with sig) and the style is closer to the original.  Need to investigate further. Hmmm.

Its actually Dustin Nguyen with Rich Friend Inks.  I love it!

On a side note, this site has become so difficult to use.  None of the image sharing is intuitive.  Ive tried to post a picture of the original art and am completely baffled by the the way it is set up.  The old site was so much more user friendly.  Sorry for the URL....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/bobbyusc/BACCF66F-3BDB-4A07-9670-F2F00F69694F_zpsjzdpj0my.jpg

Edited by Bobbyusc

47 minutes ago, Bobbyusc said:

Its actually Dustin Nguyen with Rich Friend Inks.  I love it!

On a side note, this site has become so difficult to use.  None of the image sharing is intuitive.  Ive tried to post a picture of the original art and am completely baffled by the the way it is set up.  The old site was so much more user friendly.  Sorry for the URL....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/bobbyusc/BACCF66F-3BDB-4A07-9670-F2F00F69694F_zpsjzdpj0my.jpg

Yes, this is not Jim and I, but Dustin and Rich.  This is NOT the cover to the WS25 book as someone here suggested (Jim and I did indeed do that cover).

Totally disagree on posting an image in this new site revamp!  So much easier and more intuitive in sharing images.  The old version was a huge headache for this technologically challenged artist!

Scott

17 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

Yes, this is not Jim and I, but Dustin and Rich.  This is NOT the cover to the WS25 book as someone here suggested (Jim and I did indeed do that cover).

Totally disagree on posting an image in this new site revamp!  So much easier and more intuitive in sharing images.  The old version was a huge headache for this technologically challenged artist!

Scott

One day I may be lucky enough to obtain a Lee/Williams cover/interior page but Im slowly working towards that goal!  This page, as Scott said, is just one of the art pieces by various artist celebrating 25 years!  The whole book is filled with great art and I am fortunate to own this one!

Bobby

I will work on my posting skills, if you guys think its easier, I must be the neaderthal :)

Yeah.  If you are on a computer, all you have to do is drag the pic to the little paperclip right below the text area and it uploads automatically.  Or you can just click "choose files" and add that way

BACCF66F-3BDB-4A07-9670-F2F00F69694F_zpsjzdpj0my.jpg

Really sorry I missed this dinner.  Had really been looking forward to meeting some of you in person and sharing stories!  Had to help someone right after con ended and I wound up too far away from the restaurant to get back there on time - I would have been over an hour late and didn't want to intrude.  Hopefully next year!

1 hour ago, Flambit said:

Really sorry I missed this dinner.  Had really been looking forward to meeting some of you in person and sharing stories!  Had to help someone right after con ended and I wound up too far away from the restaurant to get back there on time - I would have been over an hour late and didn't want to intrude.  Hopefully next year!

We had a few late comers so it would have been OK.

23 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

We had a few late comers so it would have been OK.

I feel bad about that.  I wrestled with coming late but I was thinking it was a formal sit-down type of thing, so I thought my arrival would have been kind of a disruption (placing my order late, etc).  Ah!  Next year!  And sorry again for the inconvienence.