• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BCW mylar magazine bags don't fit in the magazine boxes?

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I ordered some 4-mil BCW magazine bags, and a magazine box... and the darn mylars don't fit! >< They're very snug  to the point that  when they're in like they should be, the bags are squeezed on the sides, and I worry about the book inside getting warped or something.

Does anyone know what size box I need?

Thanks everyone!

4 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I use a magazine sized drawer box for my magazines. The 4 mil mylars do fit. I also have room along the side for a CGC magazine sized slab.

Hope this helps.

Drawer_1.jpg

Drawer_2.jpg

Drawer_3.jpg

Drawer_4.jpg

Is this box from the drawer boxes storage system by The Collection Drawer Co?  If so, any thoughts or critiques?

I have been considering converting my collection over to this system.

Thanks!

44 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

Is this box from the drawer boxes storage system by The Collection Drawer Co?  If so, any thoughts or critiques?

I have been considering converting my collection over to this system.

Thanks!

Yes that box is from the Collection Drawer Company.

They are hard to find here in Canada but I have managed to acquire enough that I converted my collection to them and I am happy I did.

They are very sturdy, and have enough room inside for what I need.

I have about 10 Magazine sized Drawer short boxes, and the 25 others are Comic sized which will easily fit Silver age and up. I have several of my Golden Age books in supergolden mylite 2's with fullback boards and those need to go into Magazine sized drawers.

The absolute number one feature that I love about the drawer box system is that I have access to any and all of my books easily by simply pulling the interior box from the shell. The shell is sturdy and supports the weight of other boxes on top of them without the interior box easily.

They are more expensive, but to me the convenience of access is very much worth it.

I ordered plastic stick back pouches that I stuck on the box fronts and I can take out whatever label card I have made.

If they have a negative, it can be a little difficult to get the box all the way out of the shell. Putting the box back into the shell is a little easier unless it is heavy due to being full of books and can be more difficult due to the weight of the box.

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

Edited by Artboy99

3 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Yes that box is from the Collection Drawer Company.

They are hard to find here in Canada but I have managed to acquire enough that I converted my collection to them and I am happy I did.

They are very sturdy, and have enough room inside for what I need.

I have about 10 Magazine sized Drawer short boxes, and the 25 others are Comic sized which will easily fit Silver age and up. I have several of my Golden Age books in supergolden mylite 2's with fullback boards and those need to go into Magazine sized drawers.

The absolute number one feature that I love about the drawer box system is that I have access to any and all of my books easily by simply pulling the interior box from the shell. The shell is sturdy and supports the weight of other boxes on top of them without the interior box easily.

They are more expensive, but to me the convenience of access is very much worth it.

I ordered plastic stick back pouches that I stuck on the box fronts and I can take out whatever label card I have made.

If they have a negative, it can be a little difficult to get the box all the way out of the shell. Putting the box back into the shell is a little easier unless it is heavy due to being full of books and can be more difficult due to the weight of the box.

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

Thank you for your info on the  drawer boxes.

I will look into them for my mag collection.  They look pretty sturdy and should accommodate both slabbed and unslabbed  comics easily although they may not be wide enough for my slabbed mags.

BTW, you have some awesome books!!