• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice for U.K. Collector on CCG and pressing

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm from the UK and In my collection there are a few low grade keys  which l want to get pressed and slabbed. I purchased these a while ago in my teens from a comic shop in my area. Most valuable being a ASM 1 , xmen 4 and daredevil 1 all of which have some extensive damage in the cover. Prob also a little colour touch if l had to guess. Anyway l wanted to get them cleaned and pressed out and sent to get cgc. 

Does anyone know of or recommends any reputable person or service that does this in the UK?

Anyone have personal experience working with CCG from the UK? As l am from the UK, l'm not sure what the tax implications would be for something like this. 

Any opinion is appreciated,

Wong

Edited by wongseefu1

Since you are already sending it over to CGC why the need for a presser in the UK? Many of the professional pressers bring your books over to CGC when done working on them. I would rather go that route than have a book pressed and then travel across the Atlantic to be graded. A lot can happen in-between due to mishandling. I have shipped many books over to the UK and don't really have any recollection of issues with duties, etc.

There are no import charges for comics in the UK. I can't help with the pressing or using CGC part though. As Joey said probably best to get it sent to the States for pressing and then onto CGC from there.

1 hour ago, Harry Lime said:

There are no import charges for comics in the UK. I can't help with the pressing or using CGC part though. As Joey said probably best to get it sent to the States for pressing and then onto CGC from there.

I was not aware of this. Over the years l've wrongfully paid a few £££' to the tax department here.  Just found 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Importing-Comics-and-customs-VAT-charges-/10000000177740932/g.html

Confirms what Harry Lime has said. Appreciate your input guys, really saved me alot of time and brain cells.

1 hour ago, wongseefu1 said:

I was not aware of this. Over the years l've wrongfully paid a few £££' to the tax department here.  Just found 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Importing-Comics-and-customs-VAT-charges-/10000000177740932/g.html

Confirms what Harry Lime has said. Appreciate your input guys, really saved me alot of time and brain cells.

Saving brain cells is always a good thing.