• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B Cole : Sex, Marriage, and Love Customs Around The World
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Very cool. I need this. Croydon published a lot of strange one shot and reprint comics in the 40s, wonder if that's the same company. I bet that stuff is reprinted from somewhere else, it has a 30s look to it and it looks like a few other digest type books I have of reprints of other Ripley's like newspaper strips from the 20s and 30s, on animals and weird nature and stuff.

Very funny and esoteric. Thanks for sharing.   Eskimos are such savages ?  Only keep the girl if she doesn't want to be with you.  Otherwise drop her?

Lots of homeless Alaskan Natives and others on the streets of Anchorage.   I saw a homeless squabble driving out to the lake this week.   Lady slapped the old white guy on the head and he pulled something out of his backpack and threw it in the street.  She had the age weathering of a hard life but was probably in her 50's (prune face) and he just looked like an white haired old balding guy in his 60's.    Was a sad sight and all too common these days.  Obviously they didn't get along and that's why they stay together ?

1 hour ago, Maddysonn said:

I heard about this book and two of my friends read it. I didn’t finish it but I hope I will manage to. I started to read it when my boyfriend left me for another girl and was cheating on me for two months. It was very hard for me to understand what to do next but I solve a lot of support coming from my mother and my best friend and also some really good advice from breakupangels.com. Those advice made me understand he’s not the last man on the Earth and I shouldn’t focus on the break up too much.

Is this the spirit of Victor Fox? Sounds like a synopsis for a new Fox Feature Syndicate title

I've been looking for this book for a couple of years and come up empty. I once had plans to put together a run of all Croydons with Cole covers but this is one of the books that discouraged me from that pursuit.