• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Favorite UNDERRATED GA Cover -- limit to... as many as you want !
4 4

236 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PopKulture said:

I doubt this will unseat Suspense 3 anytime soon, but I've long admired this one:

45137138.24523c01.800.jpg

I feel the same way and it has a skull to boot 

14 hours ago, The-Collector said:

Pioneer Pictures Stories 6 is also great. Green bloodied face, remember Pearl Harbor and nice bright red background. Also super tough to find in any condition. Does anyone have a nicer scan? This image doesn't do it justice.

street-amp-smith-publications-pioneer-picture-stories-issue-6.jpg

pioneer6.jpg.a27fca180fa86e27e920c27336d5a0d4.jpg

I know this baby ain't exactly underrated, but still overshadowed by the granddaddy MC1's cover... so here goes.  Grade is a 0.3 (color copy cover until once in a blue moon I find a cover to marry).  Voldy slab and cropped accordingly.  :shy:

MM2.png.d172c2b079a78b0e9dc7d29fa8593783.png

Edited by exitmusicblue

One of my favorites. The detail is amazing on this cover! I don't see this one posted or up for sale much. Hits on a couple of cylinders for me. Tougher black cover, nice close up horror face, close up scared face and cool skeleton guys looking for a fight. And all done by Bill Everett! (thumbsu

MysteryTales14-1.jpg

Edited by Jayman

1 hour ago, Jayman said:

One of my favorites. The detail is amazing on this cover! I don't see this one posted or up for sale much. Hits on a couple of cylinders for me. Tougher black cover, nice close up horror face, close up scared face and cool skeleton guys looking for a fight. And all done by Bill Everett! (thumbsu

MysteryTales14-1.jpg

Love that one also 

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

My fav Action cover is 19!

I also really love this obscure art duo who surprisingly have quite a large body of work to their credit...

Cover for Boy Commandos (DC, 1942 series) #6

That issue was one of the first 10 or so GA books I bought when a kid, probably by mail.  It was a really nice copy, although it had a sub crease.

And, yeah, those schmuks turned out a lot of stuff across every genre there was.