• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your Favorite UNDERRATED GA Cover -- limit to... as many as you want !
4 4

236 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Yes, it is and one of my favorite Prize comics. Goes well with this one too.

comallamerican42.jpg

I've been thinking about getting that GL. Nice copy!

19 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

A very creepy Black Cat that doesn't get as much attention as others in the run.P8HDxB.jpg

You never see that one Larry 

In this new age of cover driven collecting, I'm not sure a lot of newer collectors care about the actual contents as much as the cover but this book contains the first appearance of the Granddaddy of all comic book swamp monsters. The Heap!

Air%20Fighters%20Comics%20Vol.1%20%203_z

Here are the pages of the Heaps first appearance from the story "Wanted by the Nazis".

AFC%203%20Sky%20Wolf%20Heap%20Intro_zpsf

AFC%203%20Sky%20Wolf%20Heap%20Intro2_zps

Not only is this story great but the entire 68 page issue is filled with good stories and terrific art by Charles Biro, Fred Kida, Bob Fujitani and Al Jaffe.

On July 19, 2017 at 7:30 PM, sagii said:

Have a few books that come to mind (from different genres too)that come to mind, but this one is at the top of the heap: When i acquired it Spring of last year after a long search i was having a personal health crisis, but thankfully that is behind me now :angel:. Anyway, it got quickly tucked away and this Thread jogged my memory. 

Add one part Simon and Kirby, a heaping spoon of femme fatal in red, Dash of insurance fraud, dash of the mention of the word suicide on the cover, and 10 teaspoons of bullet wound to bleeding head cover and you've got one should classic imho. Not bad interiors and stories either. Cross posting this one in the Crime Thread too. 

Headline Comics #25.jpg

IMG_3679.JPG

IMG_3681.JPG

I'm no detective, but I think immediately calling the insurance company might raise a red flag.

I like it!

Frankenstein might be considered underrated by some collectors as the title started out as humor. When they made the switch to horror stories they had some fantastic covers. This is one of my favorites; a full figure Franky with a haunted house and graveyard in the background. I just love the color choices and composition on this one.

Frankenstein19.jpg