• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago-Land Show (McCook) - July 15th + 16th

46 posts in this topic

A 2-day Chicago suburb show this weekend, July 15th and 16th.

website: https://www.geekinccomics.com/news/view?content_id=57

McCook, IL 60525

Times: July 15th from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

July 16th from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Price: $8 for a single day

$12 for a weekend pass

Kids 12 and under are FREE

@jsilverjanet (Hector) will be setup both days and I will be there on Sunday.

3 hours ago, manetteska said:

A 2-day Chicago suburb show this weekend, July 15th and 16th.

website: https://www.geekinccomics.com/news/view?content_id=57

McCook, IL 60525

Times: July 15th from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

July 16th from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Price: $8 for a single day

$12 for a weekend pass

Kids 12 and under are FREE

@jsilverjanet (Hector) will be setup both days and I will be there on Sunday.

I hope to see you on Sunday :wishluck:

22 hours ago, manetteska said:

Yes! A Sunday buyer. I was afraid with my limited Sunday-only schedule I would only be seeing dealers.

Turns out we can't make it :frown:

39 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Turns out we can't make it :frown:

But you are the ONLY Sunday buyer ?!? I'm thinking of going but I'm afraid Hector may beat me up. Seriously though does anyone know if there will be a decent amount of comic dealers, will I see a slabbed comic book ? I always thought this location was a Toy show.  

28 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

But you are the ONLY Sunday buyer ?!? I'm thinking of going but I'm afraid Hector may beat me up. Seriously though does anyone know if there will be a decent amount of comic dealers, will I see a slabbed comic book ? I always thought this location was a Toy show.  

There's a decent number of comics dealers. Knowing the type of stuff you collect I'm not sure you'll find that much.

To put it in perspective, I've never brought more than $200 cash to any of these local shows.

30 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Now that you're expanding into Hughes stuff and TMNT, there will be comics for you ;)

This is the first time for a show at this location; not sure what that means in terms of dealers: new, old, same.

What slabs are you looking for?

2 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Now that you're expanding into Hughes stuff and TMNT, there will be comics for you ;)

This is the first time for a show at this location; not sure what that means in terms of dealers: new, old, same.

What slabs are you looking for?

I don't have a Want List, just let the books come to me. That being said I like mostly Silver Age slabs. I have pretty much stopped collecting Moderns .

I'll try to stop by.

11 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Yes, I am impressed. For some reason I thought Hector only dealt in drek. Boy, I was wrong. I may have to come early on Saturday !

FYI- Some stuff has sold (in Milwaukee last month) or has been sent to CGC. If there's something you'd be interested let me know and I can hold if you'd like 

most of the stuff is lower grade books etc

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

91316A6A-B6EF-4641-A7A9-45AED686C2B3_zps

Look at this heavy-hitter.

I will be fulfilling junque needs, and only on Sunday to boot! Looking forward to breaking even. ;)

I haven't gone through any yet, but will be a similar setup to the Feb show: $1 boxes, $3 boxes, 50% off boxes, and 20% off wall books.

Will include a lot of new stuff at good prices, but no huge keys for 50% off.

I will also be setting up at this show.  I will bring my usual array of current hot books as well as a silver age marvel collection that has been to only a couple of shows.  The collection consists of early ASM,FF,X-men and DD's.  There is a small group of Avengers, TOS and TTA.  If you're needing any higher numbers on these titles please PM me a list.  Thanks!!

There will also be another seller there that handles a lot of modern keys, variants and hot books.  The show should have some books for everyone.  Especially with what is pictured above.  

Went through about 1/2 of my books last night to pull for the show. Looks like our booth will have full coverage between the two of us.

I'll have mostly Modern stuff with sprinklings of Copper; more "semi-key" stuff, not run fillers. Good amount of Campbell and Hughes covers.

Also some random monster, film, movie magazines -- very cheap. Need to clear out the nursery before the baby arrives. :)