• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Comic Convention ( CalComicCon) 2018
6 6

152 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Sheit! 

4 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Sheit! 

Yeah, I saw them and they were nice.

A few others had nice copies as well.

Good show(s) Terry!  Sat. was interesting, as well! Thanks for the hospitality, and refreshments!  I even managed to chat with your wife, about your Portland exploits with the Gulacys!

And, if Will, the guy collecting Teen Titians stuff, from up in Ventura, that was possibly going to stop in Bellflower on his way home sees this... I also have the original art from Teen Titians #38, pg 12.   (Tough getting all the back story in one little run on sentence...almost.)

It may be time to take this to the next level, Terry!  Cosplay girls in costume! (If that's redundant, don't read it twice.) 

Another observation....  Maybe CGC should add more personnel for their submissions? Or get a DMV type...."serving number....blah blah blah"....? Their line being literally 'out the door'!

Good time! Good job! You make good gooder! And it did rain! All that money you made!

Did a little report on this lousy show over in my junk thread in GA for those who care. What a rip off...

Seriously Terry, It was a blast from beginning to end. I really appreciate how hard you work to put this little party for all of us each year. Hard to believe I've been to all 12 or 13? It is a huge responsibility and you always knock it out of the park every year!

If you are not from around here, consider taking a little warm weather trip out here for this show as so many have. I doubt you will be disapointed.

IMG_2154.jpg

21 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Yeah Oak. My buddy Ralph even came through with the Creepys and other Warrens

Was he the guy in the back room?

5 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Yep. One of the older guys with the white beard.

Yeah, I saw his mags.  Looked like he pretty well had everything that Oakman needed at reasonable prices. 

12 minutes ago, greggy said:

Yeah, I saw his mags.  Looked like he pretty well had everything that Oakman needed at reasonable prices. 

He works with you too if you’re paying cash. I’ve bought a lot of mags/graphic novels from him here locally that graded high..... his old shop had a million plus back issues of comics. Those were good times :tink:

23 minutes ago, OahuApp said:

I'm glad that I got in early to drop off at CGC before that line started to go out the door. Also it would go faster if people did the online registration. 

I did the online forms for drop off. I was hoping cgc would’ve had the express drop off line they’ve been advertising. 

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Were you able to make it to the Sat. mini-con or did you miss the highway exit for Yorba Linda with greggy nattering :kidaround: at your ear about his Awesomeness?

Made it. Greggy was a good wing man this time out.