• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Comic Convention ( CalComicCon) 2018
6 6

152 posts in this topic

I couldn't attend this time around but I've been to all the others.  Terry does great job of putting on and promoting the show.  I think the current facilities are too small or limited to accommodate the crowds; the show attracts probably 5-10x more fans than it did in it's first few years.  If the room can be expanded or more rooms added then it's current location will be fine; if not then perhaps another location should be considered.

4 hours ago, Foolkiller said:

If people are serious about the Saturday thing and continuing it as a functioning part in connection with Terry's show the night before, I would be willing to take over the cost and pay for the entire room.  I'm not even sure I can make it next year (as I've never been able to get the timing right) but I'd be happy to provide this space for the people to trade etc. and it's frankly not a ridiculous cost to do it.  If there's enough interest, I'll coordinate with some local boardies and Terry to make it happen again next year.  Perhaps I'll even put some beer in the room for everyone.

beer and donuts.PNG

Brain.jpg

WOOHOO.jpg

WOOHOO.jpg

WOOHOO.jpg

20 hours ago, SLR5 said:

I couldn't attend this time around but I've been to all the others.  Terry does great job of putting on and promoting the show.  I think the current facilities are too small or limited to accommodate the crowds; the show attracts probably 5-10x more fans than it did in it's first few years.  If the room can be expanded or more rooms added then it's current location will be fine; if not then perhaps another location should be considered.

Agreed and also that would make more nationwide dealers to come and setup.  With the positive word of mouth from other dealers who have been selling at this show, I definitely would like to see that happen if of course possible.  See you next year!

On 2/2/2018 at 10:44 AM, Dark Knight said:

Agreed and also that would make more nationwide dealers to come and setup.  With the positive word of mouth from other dealers who have been selling at this show, I definitely would like to see that happen if of course possible.  See you next year!

As a dealer at all his shows and a collector, I like it just the way it is. Being one day at end of January doesn't seem to hurt it. It draws more out of state (and country) buyers than I could count. Always has out of state dealers as well. If you can't find something in that room to buy, you are not a collector. Making it bigger or longer would take away sales for dealers. The first day would be great on a two day show and the second day would be a waste of time for me. The way it is, it's a "feeding frenzy" and that generates sales. A bigger show just means more compettition for dealers. It would become a problem to fill the room. It is easily the best show of any kind I do all year long. Don't change a thing Terry!

The Thirteenth California Comic Convention ( CalComicCon ) will be held on Sunday, January 27th 2019. 
The show will be held in Orange County in Yorba Linda, held just miles from Disneyland and other attractions. 
We will continue to have a raffle that will have CGC graded comics, original artwork and sketches by guest artists. 
This year our Guest artists will be Ron Wilson and Mike Vosburg!
All paid admissions will receive a raffle ticket, extra ticket can be purchased at the show.
Advance purchases will get three tickets, with a chance at a special online ticket holder only raffle.
CGC will again be taking comic submissions and doing signature witnessing. 
This year the California Comic Convention will continue to place emphasis on vintage comic books. 
see dealers list and pics from past shows.
Dealers and collectors from all over the country will be at the show. 
The show will be held from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM; tickets are $20 and parking is free. 
For more info go to: CalComicCon 

CCC_2019_banner_cgc.thumb.jpg.0164223bca2c137e56ed65c975c5c775.jpg

Edited by TerrysComics
typo