• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED BUY THIS THREAD! FREEBIE ADDED! Fast, small sales thread -- a few High grade, raw, affordable books

25 posts in this topic

:news: Take everything left unsold in this thread for $125 shipped in a USPS Priority medium flat rate box, U.S. Only. See 2nd post for recap list; scroll thru for pix. 

Hi all,

I recently picked up the balance of a casual collector's Copper/90's collection, and I'm going to offer some of it right now in a quick handful of lots. Everything is high grade, raw NM/Mint stuff that was read once and sits in the same bag and board he placed them in. (Well, there are some pre-polybagged books that he clearly did not read, but they are just as nice.) I've kept a small handful, sold the (equally high grade) drek in bulk, and offer the best remaining goodies here.

I'm trying to be quick and affordable/pile-friendly, but some items I have shot as lots as they are all very nice NM 9.somethings, I would say. If you want a closer photo of anything, just ask. 

Background: I'm a long-time collector, not a dealer, starting at age 5 in the early '70's with a 20-cents-a-day habit. My eBay feedback is all as a buyer (same name); never sold there and no plans to. I do have a small kudos thread here, having made a handful of purchases from and sales to fellow boardies. I'll attempt to follow what I believe are commonly accepted best practices, based on my reading here and in the rules posting. If I miss something, gentle polite nudges are welcome. Or just kick me in the head. Whatever. Let's have fun with comics!

Rules: :rulez: 

Shipping is actual, striving for satisfactual, which will be cheapest USPS that includes tracking, usually first class up to 13 oz, which means 8-10 books bagged and boarded likely runs about $8 U.S. Or $16 to Canada; up to 2 lbs (1 oz. over 2 lbs jumps Canadian shipping by $10 USD!) No international, sorry. I'm using those newfangled flip and ship comic mailers, and have gotten good feedback on them. Bigger piles will probably need a cardboard sandwich inside a medium Priority Flat Rate box, I'm guessing.

No HOS, probies, or salacious handlebar-mustachioed villains, please.

PM's welcome of course, but :takeit: in the thread trumps all, time stamp rules.

Payment is Money Order or check.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within 3 days of receipt and pay return shipping. Unless of course return is due to my error/something I missed.

Edited by Readcomix
CLOSED

Buy this thread deal - U.S. Only, take everything left in this thread for $125 shipped in a medium flat rate Priority box. See below for remaining items.

:news:

Spawn lot and Maxx lot and X-Force lot are SOLD!

Remaining lots and new prices are as follows:

two copies of Sleepwalker #1 for $5

Akira lot, four issues, for $8

five assorted #1's lot for $8

two copies of Pitt #1 for $4

SOLD X-Force lot of five bagged #1's, a reader and a #2 for SOLD

five assorted What If's, first series, for $5

Seven bagged Superman #75's offered at $8 each or all seven for $55

JLA/Avengers TPB, out of print, 1st print, $50

All prices plus actual shipping. Thanks for looking!

Edited by Readcomix
Recap/price drops

:news:SOLD X-Force lot -- five sealed copies of #1 (apparently, based on notes on back of his backing boards, all 5 cards are here), plus an opened reading copy with a funky vertical cover crease/scratch and a nice minty #2, the ubiquitous 2nd appearance of Deadpool. Take the lot for $15. SOLD

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
SOLD

Seven unopened copies of Superman #75. All are in nice shape; any dullness is because I photographed them bagged and boarded in his bags, but I checked that all are sealed copies. $8 each or take all  seven for $55.

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Price cut

What the heck....let's make it an even 10 lots....here is the rare, out-of-print first edition trade paperback of JLA vs The Avengers. Other than the bottom edge wear, it looks like it came off the bookstore shelf. Based on the wear, I'll say VF. $50.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Price cut