• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Lubbers Tribute
5 5

96 posts in this topic

Got this from a boardie that I'm thrilled about...pretty sure I'm the only one who loves the Lubbers Firehair covers, but that's great it keeps them affordable!  Not usually a pedigree hunter either because I can't afford the surcharge, but of all the peds I think the Okajima has the coolest story/history behind it, so I didn't mind paying a bit more than my usual for this one.

rangers44vfnmokajima.jpg

And another one....Trying to put together a Rangers Comics 40-49 run of Lubbers Firehair covers in 9.0 or better as a ridiculous goal.  Anyone wants to help me towards that end, just send a PM...in the meantime I couldn't pass up this pretty nice looking 7.0 for super cheap on ebay.

rangers47fvf.jpg

10 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Awesome Lubbers grab from WonderCon. Nice Baker story inside as well.

FBDB55DE-C5E5-4267-97DE-3BCA6168E856.jpeg

Sharp looking copy with great color there.  Been looking for a nice copy of this one too.  Very nice.

Hasn't been much available in my wheelhouse lately comic book wise so I made my first of what will surely be a limited number of forays into original art … might have overpaid a bit or gotten a steal don't really know, don't terribly care, but for less than the price of midgrade copies of the comics which these were used in I'm pretty thrilled to have gotten 2 cool pieces from one of my 2 favorite GA artists.  A tad dirty because it was used in Rangers 34 and reworked for Firehair 11... I think what draws me to Lubbers more than anything else is the way he captured tension (be it anger, fear, or whatever) in women's facial features.  Totally love love the lower right panel, might have to change my avatar to that... 

Anyhow, will frame these up because Firehair is my number 2 GA lady behind PL... and it's pretty damn cool to own what feels like a legitimate piece of comic book history now, actually crafted by one of the Iger shop/Fiction House masters.

Rangers34firehair11pg4.jpg

Got the first off HA...got this second from a random person I struck up a conversation with on an OA website... much cleaner than the first.  GCD calls it Lubbers cleaning up a mediocre job by another artist, but the squaw in the middles sure looks like a classic leggy Lubbers babe, as does Firehair in the the lower left panel...cool as hell to me even if it wasn't 100% Lubbers..

Rangers39pg9.jpg