• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Lubbers Tribute
5 5

96 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Just for fun, here is the whole run of Rangers with Matt Baker stories. Covers all I believe by Mr. Lubbers.

comrangersbakerrun.jpg

Beauties,and some fine reading too.Bottom right is the book that got me into Rangers books.

56 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
57 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Just for fun, here is the whole run of Rangers with Matt Baker stories. Covers all I believe by Mr. Lubbers.

comrangersbakerrun.jpg

Beauties,and some fine reading too.  Bottom right is the book that got me into Rangers books.

You right definitely correct about the Rangers 39 on the bottom right which I've always considered to be a classic cover in waiting, even more so than how Seven Seas 4 was finally broken out of its grouping and given its rightful classic cover designation.  (thumbsu  :cloud9:

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Probably overlooked by this one

comrangers33.JPG

From my own personal point of view, probably not so much.

The girl here on the cover of Rangers 33 appears smaller and more off to the side of the cover, resulting in her not attracting your eyes as much as the girl on the cover of Rangers 39 when you first look at the cover.  hm

In addition, I find the posture and the angle of the girl on the cover of Rangers 39 to be both more provocative and alluding in the classic GGA style of artwork, more so than the girl on the cover of Rangers 33.  (shrug)

But to each their own, I would have to say.  :headbang:

On 7/14/2017 at 11:12 PM, szavisca said:

Is there any sort of book out there on Lubbers, or an article that has a good write up about, or interview of, him that anyone can link?

The only interview with Lubbers I remember reading was in Comic Book Marketplace # 90 - https://www.gemstonepub.com/comic-book-marketplace-volume-3-90-cover-b

24 minutes ago, szavisca said:
26 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

The only interview with Lubbers I remember reading was in Comic Book Marketplace # 90 https://www.gemstonepub.com/comic-book-marketplace-volume-3-90-cover-b

Cool, thanks.

Definitely good to know.  (thumbsu

Gotta look that issue up in my box then as I had basically given up on the CBM by then after I had stopped reading them due to the horrid editorship of the magazine under Russ Cochran.  :censored:

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:57 AM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

For me, the name Bob Lubbers is synonymous with leggy Wings covers.

R.I.P.

..... and he was more than just a pretty cover..... pretty decent stories inside as well... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

opmkfNu.jpg

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

I'm surprised no one posted this one......... it's been a favorite of mine ever since I first sw one. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(worship)

27jCGFt.jpg

Everyone goes bananas for the apc Bakers but this is one of the best...crime reporter 1 is great too but I don't have one yet.