• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey into Mystery # 112 - Back Cover

6 posts in this topic

Thinking of submitting this issue to get graded and wondering how the back cover would affect the grade.  Initial on the back in marker and water stain on the back that shows a bit on the front.  I got this one as part of a small collection (all have a Red R on the back covers :(  ).  

Journey Into Mystery 112 Front.JPG

Journey Into Mystery 112 Back.JPG

Edited by mikemusc

Welcome to the Boards. You put your post in the wrong thread. There is a separate thread for asking for opinion on grade. That being said I am sorry to say, IMO, your comic is NOT worth submitting.  CGC will hammer the grade with that much staining, not to mention numerous other problems.

30 minutes ago, mikemusc said:

Thanks.  Would it be safe to say this would grade out as 3?  Lower?

I'm not good at grading the lower grade stuff but a lot would depend on stuff I cannot ascertain. The staples look like they may be rusty, if so that would affect the grade. If those stains go through the whole book that would also affect the grade. On the positive side there are no pieces missing. Put it in the grading thread  'Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?' and see what others think.  

Edited by Bomber-Bob