• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE - My basement flooded where my books are
3 3

139 posts in this topic

Good lord, we have been having crazy rains lately and just discovered a few minutes ago a large portion of my basement was flooded with several inches of water.   Most of my better books were on Mylar which kept many of them safe, but many have been very damaged and some mylars did not keep out the water.   It's going to be a long night ☹️

Edited by jhutton2

8 minutes ago, CKinTO said:

This is brutal and the stuff nightmares are made of... hope you're able to salvage most of the books (at least the valuable and sentimental ones!)

Going to have to wish some luck.   All my raw silver age and Bronze Age runs were there

Sorry that happened, but you kept your comics in the basement........on the floor? ???

Edited by Domo Arigato

1 hour ago, jhutton2 said:

Good lord, we have been having crazy rains lately and just discovered a few minutes ago a large portion of my basement was flooded with several inches of water.   Most of my better books were on Mylar which kept many of them safe, but many have been very damaged and some mylars did not keep out the water.   It's going to be a long night ☹️

Oh god, how awful.  Hope most of your books are ok :wishluck:

3 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Oh god, how awful.  Hope most of your books are ok :wishluck:

+1.   water + paper products = paper mache

1 minute ago, jhutton2 said:

Mylar bags have been saving the majority of books, definitely casualties though?

:cry:

8 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

IMG_0375.JPG

2017-07-08 19.52.40.png

Seriously, that is so terrible. Really hope you can salvage most of it relatively unscathed.

This and fire are the stuff of comicbook nightmares.

Edited by jcjames