• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VirtualComicCon - Proposed Rule Change - Poll
3 3

The VirtualComicCon - Proposed Rule Changes  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Allow for suspension of the board sales rule that prohibits the sale of items that are also offered for sale on other sites only for the days of the VCC and only if the item is placed for sale within the confines of the VCC Convention Hall.

• Yes
    • Yes - But these offerings must carry special "VCC exclusive" pricing.
    • No - Keep the rule "as is".
    • Crack
  2. 2. - or - Create a Sub-Forum in the VCC Convention Hall allowing dealers to link to offsite sales (much like the "Comics Market - Sales Advertising" area).

• Yes - Better than the option in the first question
    • No - Not needed if we change the rule as proposed in the first question
    • No - Keep the rule "as is"
    • Crack

65 posts in this topic

Hey everybody,
In hopes of greater dealer/seller participation for the VCC, I have asked Arch if it would be plausible to suspend the rule regarding off site offerings during the days of the VCC and only for those sellers who choose to set-up a booth within the confines of the VCC Convention Hall. Specifically this rule:

It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here.

Arch has stated that the purpose of the rule was to preserve the value / uniqueness of the forum offerings, that people didn't want to search eBay, then come here, and end up paging through the same stuff they have already seen.
I don't know if the same standards apply today as they did when the sales forums were brand new or whether just having this rule suspended for the few days a year that the VCC occurs would be a real inconvenience.

Either way I would really like the boards feedback on such a proposal.

As always, please leave feedback/suggestions.
Also, feel free to join the discussion for the upcoming VirtualComicCon linked below.

Edited by DeadOne

59 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I am of the opinion that  the VCC's time has come and gone.

The lack of responses in this thread seems to be an indication.

You are probably not wrong
I think it may be time for me to stop 568365ie5zttjn21.gif

1 minute ago, entalmighty1 said:

I used to really enjoy the VCC.  Seems like the last year or so the offerings haven't been as numerous, or some of the stuff has been mostly recycled. (shrug)

I think photophucket changes + new boards = VCC death

Yes I agree.  I have thousands of hours invested in my photophucket uploads and all the time spent downloading and organizing thumbnail code.

Now, to add insult to injury, it appears our external storage unit/drive with all my scans (and all of our family photos) went tits up, so I may be out everything.  :cry: Yeesh - I thought that's why we got an external drive is to prevent data loss.  :sorry:

10 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Yes I agree.  I have thousands of hours invested in my photophucket uploads and all the time spent downloading and organizing thumbnail code.

Now, to add insult to injury, it appears our external storage unit/drive with all my scans (and all of our family photos) went tits up, so I may be out everything.  :cry: Yeesh - I thought that's why we got an external drive is to prevent data loss.  :sorry:

Same exact thing happened to me a few months ago.  Apparently, you're supposed to have TWO external drives to back up your life. :banana: 

Edited by entalmighty1

3 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:
13 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Same exact thing happened to me a few months ago.  Apparently, you're supposed to have TWO external drives to back up your life. :banana: 

I think I'll just go with it.  Have a whiskey and some this here recently legalized in Oregon stuff, and forget about it. :whee:

Just now, Architecht said:
14 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

https://www.carbonite.com/

I don't want Jennifer Lawrence to have nude photos of me, though. :eek:

Had missed the last VCC when it went up to open. By then time had passed. I only catch up on few posts then left as it closed. In complete, I think the old forums with VCC were running fine, then after the great migration to new forums ... VCC lose its steam?

I wasn't there when the first year VCC come in, so I cannot say how it was like in competition to its present state? (shrug)  

I love the VCC, it's the only time I can make an informed purchase, rather than rushing to take a good book, hoping I didn't miss something in the picture.

I don't want store listings or links to eBay stores in the VCC, I want store listings to be searchable in everyone's profiles.  Want me to look at your stuff?  Post more often in the discussion forums.  If I think you're awesome (or if I think you're a dingaling), I'll check your profile and see what you have for sale!